BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Am I wrong?

Default Am I wrong?

So you take a 'Green Tide' formation for Apocalypse Orks, my take is surely that Grukk can be the warlord for them? But it seems Army Builder disagrees. Now while I know he is not in the main Ork Codex his still a Warboss no? So does it really need an FAQ to include him in the Green Tide or similar formations?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Veteran-Sergeant

Any character in the primary detachment can be the Warlord, regardless of what Army Builder allows.

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    Any character in the primary detachment can be the Warlord, regardless of what Army Builder allows.

SJ
    cheers, what I thought; I';'m not sure if it says Gazza can be in that one but I think so. I did point it out to the team over at AB40k so hopefully they will rectify that, I know they are still working on the Apoc files.

Brother-Sergeant

I think that the issue is that the Green Tide Formation requires a "Warboss". Technically, it doesn't say anywhere in Warlord Grukk's entry that he is a "Warboss", just that he is an HQ choice.

First-Captain

Grukk is not a Warboss, when it says Warboss, you have to choose a Warboss from the Codex.

Ask your opponent though, I'm sure they wouldn't have much of a problem with you using Grukk, not like he's massivley overpowered.

Cheers guys, yeah I noticed that even Gazzy can't be part of it; unlike Da Bully Boyz where he is specifically named that formation requires a normal warboss. Oh well, can't win 'em all.