BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeh my camera is awful which has been my limiting factor. i had some friends take pics hes just at work. it took me like 60 hours for my best work but one of the things i noticed about commission work is that they dont paint models that well. its just "done" i can paint well quickly... compared to what ive seen

- also i dont want this to be a job. frankly no one is paying you much to paint. its for the love of painting.

Battle-Brother

For myself, I have broken down 3 tiers of painting levels. They are pretty much natural progressions into each other but stop at a point that still looks complete. Quick and easy gets everything to the table fast. The next tier picks out details and gives the models some pizzazz. Final tier, I pull all the stops and the model looks that much more eye-catching. However, no where near as much time as 60 hours (unless it was a Tau Manta).

This way, the clients have options to what they want to spend their money on and I have distinct levels (not too many) of painting that don't end up blending together and confusing myself or my client. Pictures and blogs are your friend. If you have a HD video camera, video updates can be cool too. Just more ways to add to the community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12