BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

On the subject of Syfy shows, I'm loving The Expanse so far, bar the "sound in space" (which they seemed to introduce in ep4, kill the sound designer KILL THEM!!) It's actually surprisingly hard SF reminiscent of a Baxter novel and pretty good too.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Interesting. I've been enjoying the harder SciFi film offering of late I'll pop that on the planner. I'll confess that the renaming of the channel as SyFy jars with me somewhat. Also I'm genuinely surprised folks in here haven't been watching Lost Girl.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

I have just watched series one of Marco Polo in a couple of days. really good, and excellent research material.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Nearly finished up Supernatural series 1-9.

Next up I'll check some of the Netamazonflix recommendations here
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

well lately I watched all of Black Lagoon, Blue Exorcist, and caught up on Elementary. Black Lagoon is decent, kind of like an utterly amoral firefly, crude, violent. I liked a lot about it but can't quite decide what I think. Blue Exorcist is about the sons of satan, and is a fairly straight forward but fun series. Elementary I enjoyed a lot, but is definitely no Sherlock.

Last nigt's Agents of SHIELD was great. Nice to see Simmons get her own episode.

X-Files and Gotham tonight.

Kirsten, I shall check out the two above!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

they are anime, so might not be your thing

Always willing to experiment.

After all, I know I have a general aversion to Anime because I've tried various ones no point risking missing good stuff just because I may only have seen the crap.

Chapter-Master

Black Lagoon was quite different. I wouldn't say it was amazing, but it was interesting.

I quite enjoyed Black Lagoon, watched the first series recently. Black Lagoon: Second Barrage is on my to-watch list. On the other hand, I've recently begun watching Pokemon. From the very beginning. So still have about 900 or so episodes to go, which means that other anime may be put on hiatus for awhile...

Also watched various Ghost in the Shell stuff recently- interesting near-future SciFi concept, I like the cyberpunk world the series is set in. Also anime.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast