BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Elementary I enjoyed a lot, but is definitely no Sherlock.
    You mean its actually good?

Need to watch the X-Files reboot, haven't yet, hearing mostly good things.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm not especially knowledgable about X-Files (it used to be on when I was at Scouts), but I found the plot easy enough to pick up, and far from the convoluted mess I found the original run devolved into, where if you missed just one episode, that was you out of the club.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You mean its actually good?
    Sherlock is waaaay better. Elementary is good, but the cases are rarely all that interesting, pretty much always murder, and they go through the same procedure every time. It doesn't feel all that much like Sherlock Holmes either, could just as easily be CSI Jonathan Creek.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I think Elementary captures the essence of Holmes far better than Sherlock does personally. Plus I can't stand Foremangrill Blundersnatch, and Lucy Liu as Watson > all other Watsons.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Benedict Cumberbatch is a genius. Lucy Liu is good. funny that the American version is the only one where Watson doesn't shoot anybody

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I think Elementary captures the essence of Holmes far better than Sherlock does personally. Plus I can't stand Foremangrill Blundersnatch, and Lucy Liu as Watson > all other Watsons.
    I'm sorry , Emma Watson is best Watson.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I think he is horrendously overrated. She's great, captures Watsons competent-but-not-at-Sherlocks-level far better than most Watsons, though some of that is the writing too. That is quite ironic.

I think you'll find that RDJ makes the besterest Sherlock, and Jude Law a good Watson.

As for Emma Watson - always find the fancying of her creepy. Probably because I was in my early twenties when the first Harry Potter film came out, and thus have only ever seen her as a very young Hermione.

No judgement passed on others.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

how very dare you, he is excellent.

Emma Watson as Doctor Watson would be amaze balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Basil the great mouse detective is clearly the best Sherlock.

Also Elementary has Natalie Dormer as Moriarty which is the tv equivalent of winning by default.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast