BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    In this case Wynonna Earp is Wyatt Earps great great granddaughter so it works.
    A relation works, but the name feels kind of... eh. But maybe it's meant to be similar in that way that schlock films do names. Tongue-in-cheek. That makes more sense, and I'm probably trying to take the show more seriously than its premise suggests. (Not that shows that aren't super-serial aren't good! I love 'em. Haven't watched enough of them lately, though, so this might be good.)
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

It's an integral thing to the story, basically Wyatt Earp got cursed so that all the criminals he killed with his gun Peacemaker rise as undead whenever he or is eldest child dies, until one of them can kill all of them before they die. so its not like they just went 'ha, let's make a modern cowboy and call her Earp because'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh, I meant more how "Wynona" shares the first two letters of "Wyatt." But given the description of the story, it does sound like a situation where that's actually intended and not just lazy, part of the show's "vibe." Fair enough, then. Sounds even more amusing. I'll figure out where I can find it. Need something easier-going than GoT now that Archer's done for the season.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Oh that's deliberate two, she is the middle of three sisters, Willa, Wynonna and Waverley. Their father was Ward.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Oh, that is *definitely* part of a show not taking itself seriously. Okay, no issues then. I'm better informed and withdraw my prior complaints. Thanks for the explanation!

It definitely doesn't take itself too seriously, but it doesn't get too flippant either.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Anyone else watching Preacher on Amazon Prime?

Pilot was good, and now onto the second episode. Haven't read the source material though.
    One of the best anti-establishment comics I've ever read (aside from Dredd of course)

I do hope they keep the carving scene in LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wynonna Earp is one of the best new shows I've seen in a long time, I recommend checking it out. Feminist demon hunting cowgirls. Also lesbians.
    Is that the one that's an IDW's comic?
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I ended up watching all 10 current episodes and loved it, really like the characters so far. Great recomendation.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

Also features Deputy Marshal Dolls, world's greatest detective:

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I ended up watching all 10 current episodes and loved it, really like the characters so far. Great recomendation.
    Isn't it great? New episode out two which is, to quote the young people, da bomb. If it doesn't get renewed for season two it will be a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Also features Deputy Marshal Dolls, world's greatest detective:

He has a fine gaydar hehe.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast