BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Yep Christmas break due to non-ratings period or somethin, stats up again in January. Could be worse, when Once Upon A Time finishes it doesn't start back up until March.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

Walking Dead and all. Super-lame!

Still, 3 weeks until Dr Who Chrimbo speshul, which is nice.

Plus whatever other goodies crop up on the screen!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I tried to watch it for Natalie Dormer but couldn't get past everything else.
    At the moment that is a good anchor, though i still initially think of her as Moriarty
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

She is the best Moriarty! A thousand times better than the little **** on Sherlock.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Elementary > Sherlock QED.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Will check out Elementary.

Had been put off by Lucy Liu.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

She's really good in it. Never been her biggest fan but she is really, really good as Watson.

See, based on her performance as Moriarty, Dormer is my number one pick for the the first female Doctor on 'Who'. She's relentlessly watchable in everything she's in, and easily the best Moriarty on television (though Jared Harris' performance remains - for me at least - the best screen Moriarty, despite the fact that 'A Game of Shadows' was a bloated mess of a film).

Definitely agree that Elementary > Sherlock. And I like Sherlock. It's just too winkingly clever/gameplayingly meta for its own good. There's too much jokey stuff, too many winks to camera about the fans, and they miss the point that Watson's not a blithering numpty, nor is he there to be the straight man; he doesn't need Sherlock, Sherlock needs him. He goes away, has his own life, but comes back because his friend needs him. Lucy Liu's Watson is absolutely the very best since David Burke and Edward Hardwicke (both of whom were so good in the role, I refuse to choose). The fact they've openly said that Elementary is a bromance where one of the bros is female elevates it for me; frankly I've had more than enough of UST on TV shows (ever since the repulsive Peter/Olivia romance on 'Fringe' that was so deathly dull it nearly sank the show).

The addition of Kitty as Holmes' protege has been a real shot in the arm to a series that was already brilliant, and there's a beautifully developing set of character dynamics armound Holmes, without ever losing sight of him as the star. Not to mention the most darkly manipulative Mycroft in a good long while. Rhys Ifans brought actual threat to the role, something Mark Gatiss never quite managed.

Elementary is bloody excellent, and easily the best modern adaption of Holmes to date.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I was expecting Kitty to be a disaster, like it would set up some kind of thing where Watson realised she needed to be his protege still but I was so wrong, she has been fantastic.

Occuli Imperator

I am pleased that Kitty isn't just some form of Watson clone and a plot device to get them back together.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast