BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Badab Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    Great work guys, very much fun. I literally just spent an hour and a half reading it cover to cover, and there was very little I didn't like, aside from a few typos. I especially liked the focus on space-combat in the story, though, as stated before, it would have been nice to see some BFG scenarios. But I think there was enough detail given for me to dream some up myself

Great job guys, keep it up!

I bet we as fans could do a number of interesting scenarios and send it to BigRed as maybe an additional download, something like "Battlefleet Maelstrom: The Shipping Wars and Allied Actions during the Badab War - A treatise on naval combat in and around the Maelstrom" (or some equally dry yet also awesome name)

Make a new thread and lets kick out some ideas! RALLY TO ThePov!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hate Machine View Post
    I bet we as fans could do a number of interesting scenarios and send it to BigRed as maybe an additional download, something like "Battlefleet Maelstrom: The Shipping Wars and Allied Actions during the Badab War - A treatise on naval combat in and around the Maelstrom" (or some equally dry yet also awesome name)

Make a new thread and lets kick out some ideas! RALLY TO ThePov!
    Okay then. New thread inbound.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Quote Originally Posted by clkeagle View Post
    Shall we start asking questions in this thread, or should we create a separate Badab FAQ post?

Either way, I'll get it started. I have an Executioners terminator squad (powerfists). How does Master Lavoisier's Chapter Tactics rule affect models already striking at Initiative 1?

A) The strength bonus affects the entire unit. Models already striking at Initiative 1 may claim +1 strength and suffer no other penalties, and models in their unit otherwise striking at normal initiative (Terminator Sergeant in my example) also strike at Initiative 1 with the strength bonus.
    B) The strength bonus only affects models with higher-initiative attacks. Models already striking at Inititative 1 may not claim the strength bonus, but other models in their unit striking at normal initiative may claim it.

RAW indicates A, but I'm a RAI fan who isn't afraid to ask.

A

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    A
    Awesome, thanks.

Brother-Sergeant

Awesome work guys! I love it and we are just about to kick off the campaign with the start of the new term. Hopefully we will have some free time!

Scout

Just a quick clarification, see if I'm thinking right.

Mantis Warriors; Mantondea (sp) chapter trait permits TROOPS only to outflank.

The good master is on a bike, therefore bike squads of 5+ can be taken as troops.

I'm thinking this rule permits bike squads taken as troop unit to outflank, as long as Master M is in the army and using his chapter trait?

If it had said infantry then that would limit it to scout and tact squad, but the TROOPS implies the army selection category.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by firedancer View Post
    Just a quick clarification, see if I'm thinking right.

Mantis Warriors; Mantondea (sp) chapter trait permits TROOPS only to outflank.

The good master is on a bike, therefore bike squads of 5+ can be taken as troops.

I'm thinking this rule permits bike squads taken as troop unit to outflank, as long as Master M is in the army and using his chapter trait?

If it had said infantry then that would limit it to scout and tact squad, but the TROOPS implies the army selection category.

Cheers
    Yes, that is correct.

Scout

Chipper.

mwuhaha, outflanking meltas and multimeltas on bikes, gotta love em.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12