BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Fire Raptor assembly instructions needed!

Hiya, I recently bought an un-assembled Fire Raptor from eBay because i'm a cheapskate, however I'm beginning to regret that as the seller apparently threw away the instructions and I can't find any .pdfs or even any useful tutorial's on youtube :/ so I was wondering if anyone had a link to some, or knows if it assembles close enough to a storm eagle to use those? Cheers

Brother-Captain

I don't have any written instructions, but that Fire Raptor seems almost identical to the Storm Eagle. Only the front gun and the ball turrets are different.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Battle-Brother

Not built a fire raptor yet but from what I've seen it should be very similar to the eagle.

Cheers for the advice, it's all assembled now! I'll post pics when I've managed to green stuff all the warped bits into some semblance of decency :|

Battle-Brother

I'm pretty sure fw should cut the bovine manure and supply greenstuff with every kit! My Storm eagle side panels and floor were like bananas. Strangely it was the gw plastic components that were miss moulded, only took three attempts to get the right sprue sent.

Brother-Captain

Hmmm. It might be too late if you've already assembled, but I found that flat panels are most easily bent back into shape using a lasagna tray and boiling water.
    Take a glass oven tray, boil some water and pour it in. it can be rather shallow, as long as the piece can be fully submerged. Then immediately drop the piece in on its most flat, least detailed side. It will immediately sink and straighten itself out on the bottom. Then you just let it cool. In case you should remove it and rinse it with cold water to set, or pour cold water into the tray, it will warp again as one side is more rapidly cooled than the other. But if you just let it cool down, it will cool and set evenly.

Other parts can be soaked in a cup or bowl of just-boiled water. Just hold the piece in by it's straightest part for about 4-5 seconds (don't let your fingers touch the boiling water of course), then take it out, bend it into shape and set it under cold running water whilst holding it in place with your fingers or it will bend again from the cold shock. Best to leave your tap running from the beginning, unless you can easily open your tap whilst holding the part in it's shape with your hands.
    Last edited by Meph; 11-24-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hmmm. It might be too late if you've already assembled, but I found that flat panels are most easily bent back into shape using a lasagna tray and boiling water.
    Completely agree. Boiling water and an appropriate sized container are the best way to correct warped resin pieces. just don't leave it too long and mind the details.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Battle-Brother

Good idea. I did get there in the end with plenty of kettle n cold water treatment. Would also help if the sides were as long as the plastic SR cockpit base plate.