Hey guys,

Has this come up in a game when I was using Pask in a Punisher. As you probably know, Pask gives the Punisher cannon Rending, and also has the ability to re-roll Penetration rolls. Rending gives an extra D3 to Penetration on top of the normal D6.

Now, this is a bit awkward to try and work out how to play, because unlike Melta or Armourbane with its standard 2D6 Penetration, you need a result on one dice to decide if you even get to roll the other. Hence you can't just throw both dice down, then re-roll the result if it doesn't get the needed result.

The way I'd interpreted it, was that you would roll the initial D6s, and re-roll any failures as needed, then roll the D3s, re-rolling any failures among them. The way my opponent thought it worked, was that I dealt with the D6s as above, but when re-rolling failed D3s, I had to roll them again as D6s, find any 6s, then roll the D3s on them.

The rulebook's annoyingly absent on any answers to this as far as I can tell. Does anyone have a good answer to how this should be run?