BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay, I sorta let this one go on for a little to see if debate would turn up, but it seems pretty unanimous.

So as I understand it, the procedure is thus:

1) Roll a D6 for each hit,
    2) Set 6s aside,
    3) Re-roll all other dice,
    4) Collect all 6s together,
    5) Roll equal number of D3s and check for Glances/Pens.

So basically as one would, but the D3s are not re-rolled at all?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

I don't think that is quite correct.

1. Roll a d6 for each hit.
    2. For each 6 roll 1d3. Note how many glances or pens you get.
    3. Reroll all d6s that didn't result in either a glance or a pen. 6's generate d3s as normal.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    I don't think that is quite correct.

1. Roll a d6 for each hit.
    2. For each 6 roll 1d3. Note how many glances or pens you get.
    3. Reroll all d6s that didn't result in either a glance or a pen. 6's generate d3s as normal.
    And additionally, if you chose to reroll any 6s, discard the result on the d3 and only roll a d3 if you get a 6.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    No. The D3 is a rending roll. Pask re-rolls the armour pen. 2d6 on a vanq, 1d6 on everything else. Does not include the d3. Because that is a rending roll.
    You iz mukkin' about. Rending lets you add d3 to your penetration total on a roll of 6. When the re-roll comes up 6, why would Rending not trigger? It's still a roll-to-penetrate of 6.

Houghten nailed the confusion that is here.

First you roll armor pen, then reroll any fails.

Rerolls mean that the first roll never happened.

Then, you know how many 6es are there, and you add a d3 to them, specifically.

The USR says that every 6 allows "a further d3 to be rolled", further as in relation to the d6 that is an armor pen roll. So now the armor pen roll consists of a d6 and a d3, and Pask allows you to reroll the d3s as well.

If the d3 was a Rending roll and not an armor pen, as previously argued, it would not have any effect. As nowhere does the rules cover that rending rolls have any effect on armor, only armor pen rolls do

Maybe re-reading the paragraph on rerolls will also clarify this.
    Last edited by Filthspew; 12-01-2014 at 12:25 AM.
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Filthspew View Post

This gets interesting when a Armour Penetration Roll requires an 8 or higher... 6's still fail (but are the only ones with a chance to succeed).

Does one get to reroll just the D3? Or does one have to roll the parent D6 on top?

My own understanding is the parent is rerolled, which may cause the loss of the D3.

Chapter-Master

The reroll basically resets everything. You roll your hit, roll a 6, roll the d3, fail to pen. Then you pick up the d6 and d3 to reroll. If you roll another 6 on the reroll, then you get the d3, otherwise you do not. It works exactly the same as it does normally.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The reroll basically resets everything. You roll your hit, roll a 6, roll the d3, fail to pen. Then you pick up the d6 and d3 to reroll. If you roll another 6 on the reroll, then you get the d3, otherwise you do not. It works exactly the same as it does normally.
    ^^ Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Filthspew View Post

The USR says that every 6 allows "a further d3 to be rolled", further as in relation to the d6 that is an armor pen roll. So now the armor pen roll consists of a d6 and a d3, and Pask allows you to reroll the d3s as well.

If the d3 was a Rending roll and not an armor pen, as previously argued, it would not have any effect. As nowhere does the rules cover that rending rolls have any effect on armor, only armor pen rolls do

Maybe re-reading the paragraph on rerolls will also clarify this.
    I think I fall in with this, it makes a lot of sense and 'feels' right if you get my drift.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12