BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

See Nuln being the industrial centre with all the cannons and guns as well as being left relatively intact so far could see it bcome the new capital of what is left of the Empire, assuming itdoesn't get destroyed in book 4.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Goes back to Capital you mean

Altdorf did quite well, given it became the Garden of Nurgle for a bit

GRAAHH!!!! MOAR BOOKS NAOW!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    It's certainly vague enough that one can read it that way.

Here's a conjecture: are the two universes more closely linked than we thought? Is Lileath's pocket dimension what eventually became the 40k Universe? Her scenario of the End Times being about not victory but stalling and weakening Chaos so much that it takes ages for them to discover the new universe would be an interesting reason for why the Eldar civilisation in 40k made it as far as space travel when the Elves didn't have that chance! Whether it's that one, or the one after, or the one before that (or perhaps that before the Warhammer World!) it's clear that the Elven cosmology moves in cycles, with the same stories repeated again and again. Definitely food for thought, there!

Unless they do serious retconning with recent 40K fluff (okay, they have in cases), the Old Ones created the Eldar, Orks, and even Humans (who then became Squats and Ogryn). And that's why the Eldar have all that nice tech. It's possible they did the same on the Warhammer world, of course.

Or maybe they just retconned it.

Daemons of Chaos book already confirms a link.

The map of the realms of chaos includes the Eye of Terror.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Daemons of Chaos book already confirms a link.

The map of the realms of chaos includes the Eye of Terror.
    Yeah, I think the fact that the same daemon champions (and Soulgrinders) exist in both is also indication of a link.

Librarian

I think the same names and the soul grinder being in both universes is two fold. 1. Lazy writing on GW's part, and do they need another name for Skulltaker. 2. It lets them make money selling for two systems without having 2 models. 3. They're trolling us.

Eldrya certainly kept up her MO of being a badass, but I was really hoping for a new model and character for my undead. A vampire elf princess antihero would have been amazing.

Also, I was under the impression that the unbinding of the vortex was a year after Nagash's resurrection, as the battle when Tyrion commanded the dead was early in the war and before he drew the widowmaker. The timing should be just right for Franz to yoink the wind of heavens.

Almost time for the fourth book!

Should be up for pre-order tonight, or next week. Rumours indicate next week, but seeing as I need it in hardback because completist reasons, I'm checking in tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Almost time for the fourth book!

Should be up for pre-order tonight, or next week. Rumours indicate next week, but seeing as I need it in hardback because completist reasons, I'm checking in tonight!
    I've got the first three in hardback, I won't go with anything else now (especially as the softbacks look a bit flimsy and barely cost any less). My local GW store should have three copies like they have each of the prior books, and I know if I get there early I can get one and no one's going to fight me too hard for it (while I have a lot of WFB armies, the Skaven are one I really enjoy, but need some new toys for).

Battle-Brother

Question:

Anyone who has the End Times: Khiane book; that cover art is really gorgeous. How much of the artwork in the book is entirely new, or is it mostly recycled from previous Elves books?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast