BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Yeah she's good. Just also want a badass female armoured cc beast for once.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Valkia?

I know since Daemonhood it's a very rough definition, given Daemons are essentially genderless, but still

One assumes you also own this beauty?

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Valkia is pretty good, but yes she's a daemon now and she is just one, the ogre isn't an SC.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Sure, but neither would Nagash necessarily, he's a caster but now he's a beast. I mean there is no reason why an empowered Alarielle couldn't be powerful in cc, it needn't amount to her literally punching stuff. She's the embodiment of Life it's going to be hard to kill her, and she already posessed the power (in the lore) to suck the evil out of chaos warlords and stuff and destroy them so something along those lines.

I mean it wouldn't be an issue if we also got a few other empowered women SCs who were combat beasts as well but as it stands if we are really, really lucky there might be one more.
    Ah... Nagash always had a nifty sword and armor. It took a guy with a sword so pumped full of warpstone that it pretty much was a nuclear weapon for someone to actually beat Nagash in combat and "kill" him. And now he's made himself huge.

But the real point is that the guys who exist were already riding monsters, and with Nagash they wanted a new large expensive kit, whereas with Alarielle such a kit wouldn't really make sense for her. She's someone who should be in the middle of the army, lending her aid to it, rather than jumping all over the table in combat (and being a target). And it works to her benefit in the game, too. Malekith has all those rules for Elves around him, but he can't really join a unit and if he stays with the army he's slowing himself down from his full potential speed.

I have to admit, the new rules for her have pushed me to get Alarielle. I just hope I can do her justice in painting.

Veteran-Sergeant

I, uh... Am not happy with how The End Times has treated the Asrai. At all. Honestly considering giving up Fantasy if all of this becomes established canon.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

It is canon, on account it's from the Design Studio.

Doesn't get anymore canon.

Though I would urge waiting and reading. Currently we don't know how valid the non-image rumours are. Or how the Stick Pixies factor in.

There is nothing to say each species is getting just a single End Times entry. Glottkin and the end of Nagash suggest there is much more to come.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

They could always "Storm of Magic" it and retcon the lot. And I just hate the idea that the Asrai have gotten so involved in another peoples' war, that Orion gets himself killed fighting some brat prince with a magic sword, that the Asrai seem to be cool with bending knee to Malekith where previously they viewed him with only contempt or pity and that the entire Elven race now seems to be based in Athel Loren. It's removed the aspects of the Wood Elves that I liked and seems to be turning them into little more than a sideshow for the other Elves. They're an excuse for other Elves to take Waywatchers in their army, essentially.

And considering it was the fluff of the Wood Elves that got me into Fantasy, having all my favourite bits of fluff either get trampled on by Malekith or impaled on the end of Tyrion's sword is just... Uch. Don't see any point in playing an army whose fluff I think is now awful.

Not meaning to be a buzzkill or anything, it's awesome if you're excited about this, but it could well be the thing that makes me bow out and stick to 40k
    Last edited by Tomgar; 11-27-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    And considering it was the fluff of the Wood Elves that got me into Fantasy, having all my favourite bits of fluff either get trampled on by Malekith or impaled on the end of Tyrion's sword is just... Uch. Don't see any point in playing an army whose fluff I think is now awful.
    It's unlikely that 100% of each of the three factions have combined into a whole. If the books' next update is a combined Elves army book, I'd expect it to acknowledge/discuss the High Elves who don't associate with the "lesser elves", Dark Elf raiders thinking Malekith sold out, and forest-dwelling Wood Elves lead by Orion (dude comes back to life every year).

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    and forest-dwelling Wood Elves lead by Orion (dude comes back to life every year).
    If Ariel's dead/gone/merged with Everqueen though, then Orion can't come back. And the Wood Elves have no Queen either. Also, if Ariel's gone, how will the forest even survive? Its fate is bound up inextricably with her own and now suddenly she's dead and the other Elves are randomly living in Athel Loren? Gah, I really hate this. Is this what Tomb Kings and Chaos players have already been through? If so, this End Times stuff suuuucks

So much if. Very little known.

As for the Asrai having contempt for Malekith - some of them would be loyal from pre-Stick Pixies days, when there was but one flavor of Pixy in Warhammer

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast