BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    If Ariel's dead/gone/merged with Everqueen though, then Orion can't come back. And the Wood Elves have no Queen either. Also, if Ariel's gone, how will the forest even survive? Its fate is bound up inextricably with her own and now suddenly she's dead and the other Elves are randomly living in Athel Loren? Gah, I really hate this. Is this what Tomb Kings and Chaos players have already been through? If so, this End Times stuff suuuucks
    Alarielle is the embodiment of Life and is in Athel Loren now so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have her sustain it IF Ariel is gone.

also just because armies have been combined in End Times books doesn't mean they won't get individual army lists in future army books.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    also just because armies have been combined in End Times books doesn't mean they won't get individual army lists in future army books.
    Yes, it very much remains to be seen if the rumours of army books being folded together was just a garbled rumour about the End Times lists.

And if future Warhammer books are going to be based pre- during- or post- End Times.

I would not be entirely suprised to see End Times disappear and us revert to pre-End Times, like what happened with Albion or Storm of Chaos...
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

I suspect End Times are here to stay, much more effort seems to have gone into them than Storm of Chaos and Albion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I suspect End Times are here to stay, much more effort seems to have gone into them than Storm of Chaos and Albion.
    Well then time to start hunting down dark elf models to add to my Shadow King army...........
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's not the separate army lists I'm most bothered about! I just can't stand the bloody fluff. It's ruined the reason I started collecting Wood Elves in the first place and I'm probably going to sell up because I just don't give a crap about my own army any more. Blech. I'm gonna stop posting, this is something other people are excited about and I'm just being a buzzkill.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

First-Captain

awww bo ho they ruined your fluff, so what?

You do know it's a game and like many other games such as Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder and such, you get to use what you want and throw the rest away, same thing applies to wargames, don't like the changes they made, use an older ruleset, or set your battles in the past ages of that world.

And remember it's not a Historical Period wargame like Flames of War or Bolt Action.... in the end it's YOUR game and YOUR army, play the game YOUR way.

"I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, when the fluff is the entire reason you got into it, it's still not great. And I can set my battles in the past all I want, doesn't stop the awfulness from becoming canon. To put it in perspective, this is basically "Star Wars prequels" level of enjoyment-ruining for me. So you may say "boohoo," but they have just ruined all the stuff I enjoyed about my army in the first place. I'm hardly throwing a tantrum and saying nobody else is allowed to enjoy it, just giving my opinion on something I'm financially and emotionally invested in.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

For what it's worth, picked up my End Times: Khaine book today. Very well done IMO. Anyway, to answer someone else's earlier question about Morathi, it is not Alith Anar who kills her. She goes mad at the sight of Malekith apparently dead and starts attacking the vortex which is almost to the point of allowing Slaanesh to enter the mortal realm. She tries to back away as she realizes what is happening, but Caledor grabs hold of her and sacrifices both himself and her to the Dark Prince and they are both sucked into the vortex and probably into the Realm of Chaos. There is likely some possibility she may have survived since she is a true immortal and was unharmed by the raw winds of magic, but it does not say. There was some hint that she might be thinking of bargaining with Slaanesh so who knows. She could very well be dead, but it would not surprise me if she showed up at some point down the line as an Avatar of Excess or something. Teclis on the other hand there is no word on him other than his grief at failing to bind all eight of the Winds of Magic to mortals of his choosing. It does not talk of him dying so I suspect he may show up later.

Of note is that the Wind of Light chose it's own vessel somewhere in the lands of men. Teclis apparently knows who it is, and was surprised at the choice, but was not disappointed as he was in losing Fire, Beasts and Death.
    Last edited by silashand; 11-28-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Just picked up my order.

Surprisingly, local store had no stock sent through. None at all!

Anyways. Opening page - Ariel may not be dead.....nor doomed.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Of note is that the Wind of Light chose it's own vessel somewhere in the lands of men. Teclis apparently knows who it is, and was surprised at the choice, but was not disappointed as he was in losing Fire, Beasts and Death.
    Do we know which people are which yet?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast