BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Play-By-Post Take Two, Recruitagain!

I am tentatively considering trying this again.

Please post if you would be interested in a play-by-post Dark Heresy game. The following limitations will apply:

1. Although I haven't decided on it yet, there will be a theme and you will have to make characters to fit it.
    2. Unlike last time, this will be a Dark Heresy game, not an open 40k RP. I expect mortal characters and (at least initially... ) loyal Imperials. I don't know any of you well enough as roleplayers to decide if I want to let any of you play a Deathwatch marine or Grey Knight, so it's not gonna happen. Maybe next time.
    3. Instead of the standard rules set, we will be using [URL="https://fate40k.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page"]this[/URL], which is a variant of FATE. The FATE core is all you need. Barring that, you could easily leave the mechanical side of your character up to me, though it will slow down play somewhat.
    4. I am interested in a largely player-driven story. So, for example, we will work together to use a variant of the Dresden Files system to create the sector. I will sometimes tell players that their information gathering-type rolls give them the option to decide what their characters discover, rather than me telling them what's so, and we will all roll with it.
    5. In the same vein, there will be no secrets. I'll start an OOC thread, and all OOC conversations will happen in public, there. We will all be adults, keep IC and OOC information separate, and use the thread to "play into" cool things. For example, if your character is about to be betrayed, don't run from it. Embrace it! Run towards it. It will be awesome - I promise.
    6. This is a grimdark world. Bad things will happen. Characters will die. I promise you that no ones death will be entirely in vain, and everyone will get at least one awesome last scene and final blow against Chaos (or the Imperium, if that's how you end up swinging).
    7. We will start with five players. I may add more as time goes on.
    8. At least one player must be willing to run the next game. Possibly even the next chapter of this game, if everyone else would like to continue. With the caveat that I get to play in said game .
    9. The commitment is to check the IC thread and OOC thread at least once per day, with allowances for the occasional missed day in case you're swamped at work or someone dies or something. But once per day remains the minimum expectation that we will all try to keep to.

Post here with questions or "I'm in!"
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

I'm in

-Though as before I have never done anything like this before so be gentle it's my first time.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Go on I'll give it a try, though same.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Oooo!! I'm definitely in, I noticed you were back on the boards and wondered if you would have another go at starting this up .

Looking forward to it!!

(Edit: Also, Welcome back EP!!)
    Last edited by AirHorse; 11-24-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Chapter-Master

Sweet! This is shaping up nicely. I can roll with three to start with, thought at least one more would be even better.

Brother-Captain

I've fiddled with Diaspora but that's my only FATE experience. I've played Rogue Trader with several Dark Heresy characters and lots of stuff from the DH expansions over Skype, so that was without maps and mostly describing actions. How vastly different would your format be? I've only ever played psykers and navigators before, and they're at little... ah, different to most characters.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Basically, we are playing via post rather than meeting up on Skype, so you try to stretch your post out as long as you can. It goes very slowly, but consistently. There will be an IC thread for posts and an OOC thread for discussion, dice rolls, and such, and links bewteen the two.

Chapter-Master

I'm going to give it until Monday, then we're going to start with the dudes we've got. Perhaps we'll attract more players later. On Monday we will begin to work together to create our sector.

Chapter-Master

Ok, folks. You are my players (at least until we get to a point where we want to add more). Morgrim, AirHorse, Wolfshade, and Psychosplodge - watch this space for details! Come ready to brainstorm, swap ideas, and riff off some random stuff the dice and cards chose to give us!

Occuli Imperator

I am excite
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast