BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Which of these two factions fit me??

I a down to either Menoth or Skorne. As I have very little experience with either, I would like some advice as to which would suit me more.

These are the things I want out of a faction:
    -Very diverse play-styles (don't want to be hung up taking the same models every game and like to be able to play mass infantry as well as beast/jack heavy)
    -Diverse casters (want to be able to make use out of most the casters instead of only a couple being considered competitive)
    -Being able to have game against heavy armor or high defense spam
    -Able to handle Cryx weapon-master Bane spam (Cryx really annoys me)
    -Has some tricks up their sleeves (I like being able to do unexpected things that my opponent dont see coming)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemondad View Post
    I a down to either Menoth or Skorne. As I have very little experience with either, I would like some advice as to which would suit me more.

These are the things I want out of a faction:
    -Very diverse play-styles (don't want to be hung up taking the same models every game and like to be able to play mass infantry as well as beast/jack heavy)
    -Diverse casters (want to be able to make use out of most the casters instead of only a couple being considered competitive)
    -Being able to have game against heavy armor or high defense spam
    -Able to handle Cryx weapon-master Bane spam (Cryx really annoys me)
    -Has some tricks up their sleeves (I like being able to do unexpected things that my opponent dont see coming)

Thanks!
    Well... I can do all those things with Circle. Likewise, Skorne provides a very broad range of Warlocks and tools.

Looks like you are down to deciding between the fury/focus mechanic. If you enjoy both armies equally rules-wise, I'd say which do you find more visually appealing? That being said, I think focus is a little easier to grasp than fury, so if you are just starting out, maybe Menoth is the way to go. No reason it cant be both down the line, I find many players end up with a Hordes army and a Warmachine army so they can experience the different play styles.