BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dark Eldar 1500p, Highlander list...

Hi ya´ll,

I´m eager to try my Eldar and Dark Eldar, using the "Highlander format". I made a list with my Dark Eldar and it really makes it hard for me, cos i don´t have the variety (yet), to tweak the list. So basically, this is it. It contains LOADS of upgrades, that i never use, but hey, had to put the points somewhere

HQ
    Archon (Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Haywire, WWP, Shadowfield, Helm of Spite)
    goes with the Kabalite Warriors

TROOP
    9 x Kabalite Warriors (Blaster)
    Raider (Splinter Racks, Night shields, Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Shock Prow)

5 x Wyches
    Venom (Dual Cannons)

FAST
    10 x Hellion + Helliarch (Splinter Pistol, Stunclaw) (Yey! My Baron model gets to play!)

8 x Reavers (3 x Blaster & Caltrops)+ Arena Champion

Razorwing Jetfighter (S.Cannon, Night Shields, Dark Lances, 1 x Shatterfield Missile)

HEAVY

Ravager (Dark Lances, Enhanced Aethersails, Shock Prow, Night shields)

2 x Talos (tl Heat lance, Ichor Injector)

1499p

Basically, NEVER use Enhanced Aethersails, Shock Prow, Helliarch, Arena Champion, so they gather some points here, but that´s the way i roll (with the models i have ATM...)

Do you have a 1500p list, loved to see it, just to get a baseline

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

now that we have 7th edition 'reactive jink' the ravager has gone from 6th ed auto include to a bit dodgy. three lances permanently snap shooting doesnt achieve very much.

True, but if the point limit was smaller i would drop it , but i really don´t have an option for it. Unless the opponent let´s me use the other Razorwing as a stand in for a Bomber...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

With highlander can you use formations like the grotesquerie or the corpse claw?

We didn´t use Formations today and i think you can´t use them.

Tried my list on two occasions today. In the first match, i threw in the towel in turn three, Blood Angels just murdered everything. We reset and the second on was a really tight match. BA won the primary (objectives) 3p and DE the secondary (Kill points) and we tied on the extra stuff. He got First Blood and the Line Breaker and i had the Last Laugh (fittingly!) and the Line Breaker, so he won 3-2. If it had gone to the turn 6, i really had a chance, just one Land Speeder giving him LB and i had full Reaver squad near by, but he had to go pick up his kid from the day care (and late already )...

We also played a "Highlander plus", which was 2500p and we had special rules on that. I got five heavies (pure Eldar) , but with the Highlander -rules, no doubles. Eldar got that one with ease, the shook hands in the 4th turn.

I like Highlander -rules !

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Without the option to use formations I don't think I would play pure dark eldar. Giving up seriously subpar dark eldar units for above average eldar allies seems too much to pass up. I mean would you really miss half your upgrades, hellions, talos or razorwing if you could add a mantarch, dire avengers in a serpent, warp spiders and a wraith knight?