BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Chinese Warring States / Qin Dynasty warriors announced!!!! Kickstarter coming...

Hello everyone. 1st time poster but I have lurked on BoLS for years.

I worked in the gaming industry for over 15 years with both Games Workshop and Battlefront Miniatures but when I left the industry over 2 years ago I still heard the siren's call. In 2014 my friend and I founded a new gaming company and after a handful of months we announced our first range of products.

We have posted digital pictures of our warriors on our Facebook page here [url]https://www.facebook.com/watchfulistudio[/url]

Over the coming weeks we will be posting more pictures of the miniatures that will be offered in the Kickstarter and we may even have a few surprises for our fantasy/sci-fi fanatics.

We are building towards launching our first Kickstarter in early 2015 so be sure to save some of that Xmas money.

Thanks and enjoy your games.....

Joe

These renders are quite nice, but is unclear what scale figures you are planning on. From parts breakdown, it appears that you are looking at large scale (e.g. 28mm / 30mm) multi-pose models versus smaller scale (12mm / 15mm) monopose models.

If you are looking to do a Warring States game, larger numbers of smaller figures on multi-figure bases might look better, as Qin dynasty battles were on the scale of 100,000s of soldiers per battle.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Hello and thanks for the reply. We are going to be producing these miniatures in 28mm. We have considered 15mm and might use these renders to design a 15mm range but 28mm is definitely the more popular size. We are working on some gaming projects that will allow players to build Warhammer Ancients sized armies to play games. I realize the battles during the period were huge much like other ancients time periods, ACW, Napoleonics but these ranges have done quite well in 28mm so I hope that our Chinese will see some success. Thanks,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    These renders are quite nice, but is unclear what scale figures you are planning on. From parts breakdown, it appears that you are looking at large scale (e.g. 28mm / 30mm) multi-pose models versus smaller scale (12mm / 15mm) monopose models.

If you are looking to do a Warring States game, larger numbers of smaller figures on multi-figure bases might look better, as Qin dynasty battles were on the scale of 100,000s of soldiers per battle.

Woo hoo! Now I can duel Lu Bu against Guan Yu all day! Seriously though I'm really excited about this! I'll buy all three kingdoms armies when you launch the kick starter.

But please please please launch it in 28 mm. Although I'll want to use your miniatures to play your game, I'll probably also want to use my minis to represent a Warhammer Fantasy Cathay army when I can't any other 3 kingdoms players around. But great job though!