BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default painting Space Marine helmet eye lenses

I'm looking for a good advanced tutorial, preferably video, of how to paint the damnable things.
    I've been painting since....well, forever, and I still SUCK like a daemonette at getting the lense flare reflection painted correctly.
    I have seen some videos, but the quality has been surprisingly poor (very low def) and they fail to mention the brand and sizes of their seemingly magical brushes they are using.

Thanks in advance!

GW actually did a really good tutorial on this. It's super easy and has really changed the way i think about lenses. Here's the link:[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdzNh1JGE4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7s-26V0v6SepDFiznb3y6hx&index=12[/url]
    Go to 9:00 and he paints the eye lenses on a grey hunter. stupid easy...

Chapter-Master

18:40ish you mean?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Checked it out, and it is very fast and easy!
    However, i was looking for a better version of this:
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVfQswNfbA[/url]

This guy's technique is fantastic, but the shaky cam and low resolution kills the tutorial.

I'm not a fan of glowing eye lenses - do they have lights shining out of their eyes?

Well, in almost every book they describe seeing space marines in darkness by their eye lenses, etc.
    I agree with you that in reality, the stupidest thing you could do in combat is wear illuminated armor, because that's a smart idea. I do get it that functionally the lenses in the SM helmets are really screens packed full of sensors, and from the front they should look like translucent glass, but the painting technique and the effect on the models is fantastic because it draws attention to that focal point.
    Plus I want to step up my painting-fu