BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Librarian

the wonderful company were 365games.co.uk, I was so impressed with their service I've ordered (somewhat hopefully) some more stuff!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chapter-Master

I think for me depends on the company. If I had received a double order from those Maelstrom idiots towards the end of their car crash I would have kept it. If I had a company that had messed me around and taken a veritable age to deliver something that should be readily available like a codex or something, I would probably also keep the excess. If I was a happy customer or it was a small bespoke company I would prolly get in touch with them.

I wouldn't expect to be out of pocket to fix their error though, so they would have to cover postage.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Come clean and let them know.

GW tend to be 'meh, keep it dude', as do Forgeworld.

But honesty is always the best policy.
    +2
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Funny bit in re: Forgeworld, my buddy who played Tau ordered an R'Alai model, which had not shown up by 29 days after ordering, which was the window FW said "okay, call after this point". So he called, FW said "the post office must've eaten it or something" and sent out a new one. Both R'Alais showed up on the same day. FW said "meh, keep the other one", but then buddy got the boxes open and looked at the assembly, and wondered if FW was actually being nice to him or not . . .
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

You did the right thing morally, but also legally. You have an legal obligation to return stuff given to you by mistake. It's happened before with banks accidentally credit people a bunch of cash and them then spending it and getting prosecuted when the bank goes to reclaim its money.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    You did the right thing morally, but also legally. You have an legal obligation to return stuff given to you by mistake. It's happened before with banks accidentally credit people a bunch of cash and them then spending it and getting prosecuted when the bank goes to reclaim its money.
    Interestingly enough the BBC has just put an article up on this that you might find interesting Wildey
    [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30294748"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30294748[/URL]

It must be a more common issue at busier times of year but I was pleasantly surprised to see it made a BBC article today!
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Occuli Imperator

For issues of morality, one first must define what one means by morale, since in this post-modern age there is no universal moral code which we all should abide by.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by alshrive View Post
    Interestingly enough the BBC has just put an article up on this that you might find interesting Wildey
    [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30294748"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30294748[/URL]

It must be a more common issue at busier times of year but I was pleasantly surprised to see it made a BBC article today!
    Yes I saw that earlier and thought it was a happy coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    For issues of morality, one first must define what one means by morale, since in this post-modern age there is no universal moral code which we all should abide by.
    Morale - the confidence, enthusiasm and discipline of a group or person at a particular time.
    [url]http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/morale[/url]
    Seems fairly straightforward to me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

damn it, no e

[Morale restored!]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

So in the questions of "morality".

If you buy a CD from amazon then you also get the tracks to download for your own pleasure. Now, if the CD is a gift, should you use the tracks or should they belong to the person you are gifting the CD to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast