BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Jaina Solo, maybe Kyp Durron.
    Some of the Rogues, maybe the wraiths as well....

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Jaina Solo as an ideal child = ideal. Or with a sister...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Too many cooks do you reckon?
    If anyone thinks Star Wars EU was bad, they at least tried to keep things consistent.

Don't even get me started on how bad Star Trek's books were. It's almost painful.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yeah there are a few characters I'd like to see reintroduced to canon too. I do tihnk Ysanne Isard will happen, her father is canon now so it's not much of a stretch. Apart from her Daala, Mara Jade and Thrawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Jaina Solo, maybe Kyp Durron.
    Some of the Rogues, maybe the wraiths as well....
    Indeed. They could probably leave Thrawn and Daala out, aside from reference, in the new movie, but if they leave out Mara Jade, it would be like a million voices crying out in rage, and never silence. The intervening books are another story, though.

I do like the twins, too. If Kyp's in there, shouldn't Corran Horn be in there, too? Or is he a little too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    If anyone thinks Star Wars EU was bad, they at least tried to keep things consistent.
    The consistency was, IIRC mostly the work of Lucy Wilson trying to keep stories from tripping over each other where possible. She eventually left those duties behind and then retired entirely. Not a surprise things went a bit further downhill from that.

Continuity *was* something of an issue at times. Never mind the obvious stuff like Boba Fett's origin (never will forgive Lucas for making that so boring). I lost it with Star Wars: The Old Republic, the MMORPG, which technically is still part of the EU. I didn't really get a chance to play the KOTOR games, so I didn't see how badly Bioware was doing prior to SWTOR. One of the series I loved (comic series, granted) was Tales of the Jedi, especially the arcs with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. And then I was playing SWTOR, and suddenly there's no mention of Kun (despite it being not that far removed from his time), hardly any of Qel-Droma (actually, I think his mention was the same as Kun's, just named gear in-game), way too much about Revan, Revan, Revan, Naga Sadow was suddenly buried on Korriban and his sword wasn't a real sword (so much WTF)... But it was the aesthetic and especially the Empire that bugged me. It was like playing Clone Wars with Palpatine's Empire. There were Star Destroyers, all the Republic ships looked the same as the movies, the Republic troopers wore Clone Trooper style armor, the vehicles looked the same. But I just about lost it when I was in the main "Sith" Empire base talking to an officer. Bad enough they took the logo and outfits and British accepts from the Palpatine Empire. But then this guy starts bashing aliens. The freaking Sith are aliens! His bosses - especially the true Sith - are aliens! He's ragging on the powerful guys he works for who can kill him in an instant because the "Sith" Empire was such a clone of Palpatine's Empire that it even copied over the anti-nonhuman sentiment. My immersion was wrecked at that point. Bad enough to change the aesthetic from the awesome older look of ToTJ so that everything looks like it stood still for thousands of years, but then making the two Empires clones? Bleh. (Oh, and they recently referred to Sadow as "Darth Naga Sadow" on their Facebook page.)

Okay, sorry, that's a touchy subject for me. One of the cooler eras, and they just completely ROFLstomped the look, the history, everything, just to have games people could "relate" to, with their own bad guy being much more important. Meh.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post

Indeed. They could probably leave Thrawn and Daala out, aside from reference, in the new movie, but if they leave out Mara Jade, it would be like a million voices crying out in rage, and never silence. The intervening books are another story, though.

I do like the twins, too. If Kyp's in there, shouldn't Corran Horn be in there, too? Or is he a little too much?
    I was including him as a Rogue...

Chapter-Master

Iron Father

Default Michael Fassbender could be Boba Fett in spin off.

[url]http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/01/rumor-michael-fassbender-frontrunner.html[/url]

Yes please.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Dunno about that one.

I like the idea of Boba Fett being akin to Batman - an idea, rather than a person.

But even so....

On the bright side, we're another day closer to the guaranteed awesomosity of The Force Awakens.

Why guaranteed? 1) It's Star Wars 2) II and III were actually decent films, but marred by their inglorious predecessor. And Vader's bowlcut 3) It's Disney in charge. They proven they can deliver non-schmaltzy action films by dint of the 10 (and counting!) excellent entries to the Marvel Universe. 4) That trailier......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Leis is getting a five issue comic series.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast