BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah They never captured the iron fist, or do you mean the refurbed Lusankya made an appearance in it?
    Cause most of the on ship fleet action was on the Mon Remonda wasn't it?

Edit: It the books reappears in the X-wing:Isards revenge.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 01-22-2015 at 09:36 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Still, it's not inconceivable. I mean the big shipyards like Kuat Drive Yards had shipyards big enough to look like a planetary ring, given industry on that scale refitting an SSD might only take a year or a few months. Ehy they would spend the money on it when finances were tight is another matter. Also I thought Mon Mothma decided no SSDs in the New Republic fleet as a symbolic thing because of their symbolism as an Empire super weapon?
    Time isn't the issue, especially with four years between the ship getting shredded almost into oblivion and then showing up later. It's that they spent so much money on something basically serving as a symbol. I think the Lusankya would be the one SSD they'd actually allow, given that it used to be something horrible and its name (when people thought of it as a place, anyway) brought fear to people, and now it could be used as a symbol of hope to bring peace (through superior firepower). But it's still questionable when you could probably build a few MC-90s (or whatever variant they were up to by then) with the money and likely be more effective.

(SPOILERS FROM X-WING SERIES... GO READ THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T!)
    It's good Kuat could build SSDs at a decent clip, given that in the span of four books, three of them were taken out. Well, actually, I guess five books... In The Bacta War, they went after the Lusankya and wrecked it. In Iron Fist, they went after a new SSD Zsinj was trying to capture (from Kuat, IIRC) and blew it into oblivion (because it had no crew). And then in Courtship of Princess Leia, they finally tracked down the Iron Fist and killed it (I forgot for a moment that it fled at the end of Solo Command, they thought they blew it up but it was really pieces of the SSD they trashed in the last book reassembled with bombs to make it look like the Iron Fist was destroyed).
    (END SPOILERS)

I seriously need to find those books and read them again, I forgot how much superior they were to Jedi Jedi Jedi Luke Jedi Jedi Jedi superweapon Jedi Jedi Jedi, which it seems the majority of the EU ended up being. So many deus ex machinas and superweapons, yuck.
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 01-22-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    That was the Iron Fist, I believe. Most of their series was focused on taking it down, partly by taking down its support structure.

Considering how many Imperial and lesser Star Destroyers they continued to use, that is realpolitik for you.

Especially when you consider an ISD loaded with X-Wing, A-Wing, and B-Wing squadrons is a far more dangerous proposition than an ISD loaded with TIEs.
    TIE Avenger/Defender Backed up with Assault Gunboats......
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chapter-Master

Erik you might want to colour that chunk of text white and add spoiler tags, just in case someone wants to read the xwing series It's a bit more twist/plot heavy than owt else said so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Erik you might want to colour that chunk of text white and add spoiler tags, just in case someone wants to read the xwing series It's a bit more twist/plot heavy than owt else said so far...
    Okay, edited with appropriate commentary. If people like Star Wars novels and haven't read the X-Wing series, they need to rectify that ASAP.

I don't care if it's all non-canon now, it was a good read. (Though I appreciate them wiping out all the other nonsense in the EU. It was getting to be a convoluted mess.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Okay, edited with appropriate commentary. If people like Star Wars novels and haven't read the X-Wing series, they need to rectify that ASAP.

I don't care if it's all non-canon now, it was a good read. (Though I appreciate them wiping out all the other nonsense in the EU. It was getting to be a convoluted mess.)
    Too many cooks do you reckon?

I've only read Courtship and the Tales From, and to be honest, that was plenty for me.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Tales from are far too hit and miss. Courtship wasn't bad. But I'd recommend the Han Solo trilogy, the Heir to the empire trilogy, and the x-wing series previously mentioned(at least 1-8). Everything else is hit and miss, but most requires some knowledge of previous books.

I was quite happy to see the EU go non-canon, especially since their continuity is maintained under the Legends brand so it's not like it's going anywhere. So much of it was utter **** I just don't care.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'd like them to keep several characters, but we know it won't happen.

Yeah there are a few characters I'd like to see reintroduced to canon too. I do tihnk Ysanne Isard will happen, her father is canon now so it's not much of a stretch. Apart from her Daala, Mara Jade and Thrawn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast