BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

The Falcon flying through the wrecked Star Destroyer looked pretty cool. Lots of nice flashes of stuff. The "Chrometrooper" actually looks pretty cool. A lot of the aesthetic seems to match the original movies, just with crisper resolution and effects.

I feel like the concept of a lengthy war makes a lot more sense than the strange way things went in the EU, where it seems like they took a lot of ground including Coruscant, then lost Coruscant, then gained it again, the Empire broke into warlords, then came together, then broke apart, then there were factions who fought with the New Republic, factions who allied with the New Republic... and you never got the sense that there was any serious fighting done, like all the battles were won with talking or just fights in space that left no debris. The only time I remember distinctly seeing the effects of fighting was the opening of Dark Empire, with all the debris around Coruscant.

BB-8 effing rules!

[url]http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/16/8431295/star-wars-the-force-awakens-bb-8-puppet-jj-abrams[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god:

6" scale Ahsoka action figure. *sleepy flails*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Nice!

Also, caught some of the live panel (because I can only stand whooping and cheering for so long) and lots to say about adding female characters. They're very keen to introduce more. Which is nice.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Haven't watched the panel yet, working through the livestream 'cos they talk to Ashley Eckstein.

Oh and the desert world in the trailer isn't Tatooine, so nice to see everything not revolving around Tatooine for once.
    Last edited by eldargal; 04-17-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Went to the Empire Leicester Square to watch the panel on the big screen. It was fun but would have liked more questions + answers and less whooping but I can't blame em.

Saw the trailer twice on the big Imax screen and I can not wait to see the movie!!!!!!

I was nervous a few years ago when it was first whispered they were doing it but JJ Abrams is fast becoming my new hero!!!

We're sitting here at work trying to work out how the heck they even built BB8. Looking forward to seeing the design of him, as it's a pretty excellent build!

Also that Ahsoka looks all grown up...a hint at something in the future, perhaps? I'm still hopeful that they bring her back. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Consensus on BB8 seems to be they used magnets.

Watch Rebels.

Ooh EFX collectibles will be selling a full scale RC R2.

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast