BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

If you want three hours of starfighter battles, go to GOG and buy one of the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series.

Chapter-Master

Yeah an invasion sounds awesome but logistaclly complex.

If it doesn't have [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bria_Tharen"]Bria Tharen[/URL] and red hand squadron not interested

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    If you want three hours of starfighter battles, go to GOG and buy one of the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series.
    I played them the first time round

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope. Heist of the Deathstar plans. Much more entertain.
    Entertaining, yes. "Much more" entertaining than a Rogue Squadron movie? Eh...

I'd love to see a Rogue Squadron series (maybe on Netflix?) with Michael Stackpole consulting on it, if not writing it. His books (and Allston's, but Allston has sadly passed away) and comics were some of the best Star Wars stories. They were very entertaining, and didn't rely on Jedi or the superweapon of the week or anything like that. Political intrigue, sneaking around, sabotage, espionage, all kinds of stuff, and when they went to take on a Super Star Destroyer, they brought along an ISD, a bunch of freighters with torpedo launchers, and some other folks along for the ride (and then added another ISD and a wing of A-wings).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Entertaining, yes. "Much more" entertaining than a Rogue Squadron movie? Eh...

I'd love to see a Rogue Squadron series (maybe on Netflix?) with Michael Stackpole consulting on it, if not writing it. His books (and Allston's, but Allston has sadly passed away) and comics were some of the best Star Wars stories. They were very entertaining, and didn't rely on Jedi or the superweapon of the week or anything like that. Political intrigue, sneaking around, sabotage, espionage, all kinds of stuff, and when they went to take on a Super Star Destroyer, they brought along an ISD, a bunch of freighters with torpedo launchers, and some other folks along for the ride (and then added another ISD and a wing of A-wings).
    I love the Wraith Squadron books, too. Those, the Thrawn books, and I, Jedi, are all the Star Wars books I keep in my library now.

Yub, Yub!

Chapter-Master

Not the Crispin Han Solo trilogy? I am disappoint.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I love the Wraith Squadron books, too. Those, the Thrawn books, and I, Jedi, are all the Star Wars books I keep in my library now.

Yub, Yub!
    Yeah, the Wraith Squadron books were in the X-Wing series of books, but we can't ask the author to help with any new series, because, as noted, he passed away.

I was at a used bookstore recently with friends and grabbed the books leading into The Old Republic just because I want to know more of the story leading into the game. But I think it's just a convoluted mess from what I'm seeing in the game and getting of synopses of KOTOR 1 and 2 (hadn't been able to play them yet thanks to various technical difficulties on assorted devices), mainly thanks to a combination of them trying to do a galaxy 3000-4000 years in the past that's a carbon copy of the "modern" Star Wars galaxy, and Revan being the most confusing character I've ever tried to wrap my head around.

I hope the new canon doesn't go off on too many weird and conflicting tangents again.

Brother-Captain

Revan's character is not helped by getting mindwhammied at least twice and I think it ended up being 3+ times overall? Once from the Jedi, at least once and probably more by the Sith. And then by later Sith idolising him to the point that anything potent and strange got blamed on him.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Revan's character is not helped by getting mindwhammied at least twice and I think it ended up being 3+ times overall? Once from the Jedi, at least once and probably more by the Sith. And then by later Sith idolising him to the point that anything potent and strange got blamed on him.
    I think he's also now up to having lost three empires, possibly four.

I think most of my annoyance comes from KOTOR (and then SWTOR) being set not terribly long after Tales of the Jedi, and they get a lot of stuff from TotJ wrong, while also apparently ignoring the existence of Exar Kun, a guy so powerful they had to send all of the Jedi after him at the same time, a guy who could literally just walk into the Senate chamber on Coruscant after it had been attacked and was prepared for future attempts. Exar Kun was freaking awesome, but gets ignored in favor of Revan. And there's so many messed up things, like changing the old Sith from having actual swords to having lightsabers (or training sabers, basically!), and burying Naga Sadow on Korriban when he'd been left on Yavin IV after having to flee the Sith Empire because he was considered a traitor.

I love SWTOR, heard great things about the KOTOR games, but the character of Revan just bugs me as being Bioware's child that *must* be super-important all the time.

Brother-Captain

Exar Kun is certainly a figure looming large in the background of KotOR, but I understand your point. I think he turned out to be more popular than expected so they started trying to jam him into everything.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I haven't played the Revan expansion yet (just got to 55 with a friend and he hasn't bought it yet, so holding off until he gets it), but the fact he showed back up, just briefly at that, seems so random and weird. (Also weird is that there seem to be a lot of forgotten or hidden empires in that time period. I think a new one's coming with the next expansion.)

It might make more sense once I read all the books leading up to it, but there's a lot there. Still trying to get into Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void. Not a bad book, but the flashback scenes are kind of awkward and keep pulling me out of the action.

Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast