BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Darth Bane
    at last we shall reveal ourselves to Batman...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Explained the whole 'Han Shot First' fuss to my cousins and after long and careful deliberation they have decided 'that is completely stupid'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Explained the whole 'Han Shot First' fuss to my cousins and after long and careful deliberation they have decided 'that is completely stupid'.
    Did you include that Han did not in fact 'shoot first', but simply 'shot', on accout Greedo was killed by the one and only shot. So singular was said shot, it was not the first of anything, just the only.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup, explained the whole thing properly to them. They think Han shooting Greedo (whom they call Fried Guy) without being shot is much cooler, but think the fact people are still arguing about it is completely stupid.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yup.

I am agree.

It's more odd that Greedo missed at point blank range when he had his prey completely cold, yet has survived long enough for Han 'tough as old boots' Solo to know who he is, let alone get hired by Jabba 'not known for his tolerance of incompetence' The Hutt!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's more odd that Greedo missed at point blank range when he had his prey completely cold, yet has survived long enough for Han 'tough as old boots' Solo to know who he is, let alone get hired by Jabba 'not known for his tolerance of incompetence' The Hutt!
    Well, he did move his head, just like that X-Wing pilot in the "Lucas-updated" trailer...

Which is still stupid because you need the head to prove the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'll never understand that change, or many of the others Lucas made... even ones so minor as putting the Jabba scene they shot into A New Hope and just making it so Han carelessly walked on Jabba's lower body with no consequence, something that makes absolutely no sense. I guess he didn't want Han to seem too lacking in moral fiber, but seriously, I see nothing wrong with shooting a guy who's pointing a gun at you threatening you before he can pull the trigger.

Librarian

AMAZING teaser!

And without the classical cast
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I'll never understand that change, or many of the others Lucas made... even ones so minor as putting the Jabba scene they shot into A New Hope and just making it so Han carelessly walked on Jabba's lower body with no consequence, something that makes absolutely no sense. I guess he didn't want Han to seem too lacking in moral fiber, but seriously, I see nothing wrong with shooting a guy who's pointing a gun at you threatening you before he can pull the trigger.
    There's a bit of a difference with the two scenes- the scene with Han and Jabba was actually filmed in 1977, they just couldn't figure out how to animate a decent-looking Hutt until 1983, so they never went back and finished the scene for A New Hope. I personally think it's kinda cool that they went back and finished something the original team wanted to do.

Changing the encounter in the bar, however, has always bugged me simply because it was done badly. It looks like a cheap n' dirty Photoshop move that wouldn't scrape passing marks in a first-year college course, let alone a big-time movie. There's an argument to be made that Han should shoot first because it establishes him as not a nice guy (which I agree with), but the change would have been much more tolerable if it had been done well.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Actually originally Jabba was going to be a human gangster and they filmed the scene with the guy, then it was cut and later for RotJ they decided to make him a Hutt. So when they rejigged the scene for the special edition they added that old footage back but instead of Solo walking around a human gangster he walked over a hutt so they made it so he stepped over Jabba's tail.

I do agree the shooting scene was done badly and I totally headcanon that Han was the only one that shot, but I think my ickle cousins are correct that people arguing about it to this day is kind of silly. I don't mean discussing it like we are now but full on nerdrage online battles about it, its ridiculous.

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast