BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Absolute Worst Sculpt You Actually Love

As always, this is a simple enough thread.

There are many, many sculpts out there that we love, and many we hate. But which sculpts do you love, despite remaining fully aware that they are technically horrible models? Models whose failures you cannot justify, but still adore anyway?

We're not talking 'Crap model, but I use it for the rules'. We're talking 'Crap model but LOOK HOW AWESOME. I mean, I know it's not, BUT IT REALLY IS' secret shame kind of models.

Mine?

These badasses right here.

I love these old Space Hulk librarians more than I can say. I just can't justify it. Look at them. The proportions are off, their Storm Bolter looks ridiculous, there are practically no details at all. Hideous. Absolutely hideous.

I bloody love this figure, I really bloody do. Can't justify why, won't apologise for it either. The thing's a masterpiece.

So then: what other horrible turkeys find themselves beloved without any possible justification?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Rogue Trader Beakies from the RTB01 set, the way they are always squating like they've just messed their pants.....

And yet they are the first Plastic's GW EVER put out so they remain favourites of many people, despite looking so dorky and being so plain to paint....

And yeah the 1st edition termies while are nostalgia cool are technical crap....

Kinda like the Orc's and Gretchen from Space Crusade....

The Space Marines from that game are still cool though, the 1st mark sevens ever made in plastic and the only place you'll get an Assualt Cannon armed Space Marine
    Last edited by Darren Richardson; 11-28-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Iron Father

This derpy Inquisitor. The heads just not right to me. The scale just looks all off............yet it's such a cool model.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

The Space Marines from that game are still cool though, the 1st mark sevens ever made in plastic and the only place you'll get an Assualt Cannon armed Space Marin
    Count them as Rotor Cannon and they're game legal for 30K! Although there are three real problems there: a.) Mk 7 armour is obviously post Heresy, b.) You'd need at least five of them, and c.) Rotor Cannon are turd.

But still, game legal!

Man, Space Crusade was a great, great game.

Librarian

RT Collosus Robots, really all RT robots look incredibly goofy. FW's new sculpts are definetly a great improvement.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Count them as Rotor Cannon and they're game legal for 30K! Although there are three real problems there: a.) Mk 7 armour is obviously post Heresy, b.) You'd need at least five of them, and c.) Rotor Cannon are turd.

But still, game legal!

Man, Space Crusade was a great, great game.
    I thought MkVII started being produced during heresy. Certainly the original Space marine game had MkVII on the cover.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Yeah, MkVII is quite rare late-Heresy, but became the norm during the Scouring and later. Even the "newest" Space Marine armour is millennia old.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Unless you're Salamanders, who appear to have no problems forging their own to the point they're quite happy to cremate dead Marines in full armour...

Well this is all delightful news. I can use more Mk 7 stuff with my SM Legion conversions...

TAKE THAT, FORGE WORLD!

With the number of parts of older marks available now in various Space Marine kits, it's totally possible to do.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast