BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thumbs up fearless leadership 'bubbles' / leadership values for tests.

p26 . eldar codex. Khaine Awakened.
    and presumably although i dont have the codex - a similar 'codex based' rule for Nidz.

these are clear examples of a 'leadership bubble' that is also clearly 'fearless'.

no problems so far.

the problem is when certain 'wargear' and or 'warlord traits' allows a 'leadership bubble' - many - if not all of these are phrased as "units within [specified distance] use the warlords/characters "leadership value".

in the case where the 'warlord' [or possibly another command character] - is 'fearless' is it the case that:

1] the 'fearless' value IS the leadership - and thus the 'bubble' is extending 'fearless'.

2] although the warlord or character is 'fearless' [and thus most usually the unit he is attached to] - his 'leadership bubble' extended by any other means is his 'leadership value' - as printed in codex [ie. normally 9 or 10]

I have taken to using 'command traits' for 'warlord powers' because they are so much better than eldar codex powers which are all pretty much ONE use only, and this grey area needs resolving because I dont want to take advantage of a grey area.

Could anyone who has come across this issue in competition as a player or official please give a ruling?

It seems pretty cut and dry to me.

your 'Leadership value' is the number on your stat line, that is what you pass out in a leadership bubble.

'Fearless' is a USR which does exactly what it says in the rulebook, no more, no less. Unless a model/item/rule specifically says 'models or units within x inches gain fearless' then they only gain your leadership number.

I agree with Cleon - it says he shares his leadership value, so that's what he shares. Fearless isn't a leadership value, it's a special rule.

Yep; if a 'fearless' character says the fearless is a bubble then all is good, if not then only his statline leadership is passed on but not the fearless.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....