BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I believe this change to bases sizes on the marines is a good thing. As a Space Wolves player, all my infantry is in diffenrent dynamic poses and weapons tend to reach way beyond the base. Getting a unit in close combat with another unit that also incluse dynamic models while fighting between two buildings can be very frustrating because they all get tangled up and it can begin to get real messy when you need to remove THAT exact model from the middle of the cluster**** pile because it died.

I was just discussing that issue with a friend I play often with that just increasing th size of the bases on the bigger infantry models could make it easier to get those base-to-base you want without models getting stuck together.

This is clearly not a cash-grab move, as no one is forced to rebase their army and, honestly, there isnt that much profit to be done just by selling bases, especialy with all those third party offering all those nice textured bases.

Personally, I will rebase my entire army. Mostly to reduce the cluster****s of big melees in tight areas. Also, I will use that opportunity to make cooler looking bases as my skills improved a lot since I first started and my old bases are ratter dull.

The only annoyance here is the time needed to rebase an army, because bases aren't that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    It would have been nice if GW took this opportunity to address the marine scale issues but such is life.

Given how ridiculous people's over-reaction to rebasing marines I can only imagine how people would lose their sh*t if the scale of marines changed! There would be rioting in the gw stores

I've been doing a true scale marine force for a few years now and have been accused of "modelling for advantage" ... Yeah, that's why I'm putting a half hour of conversion work into each marine... Not cos they look infinitely better...

I actually probably will rebase these models, they are a tad snug on the current bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Avien View Post
    I've been doing a true scale marine force for a few years now and have been accused of "modelling for advantage" ... Yeah, that's why I'm putting a half hour of conversion work into each marine... Not cos they look infinitely better...
    If anything, truescale is modeling for disadvantage-- your models are bigger, so less chances for cover / breaking line of sight. Was your opponent(s) the kind of person who heard something once and thought it was a magic "abracadabra" kind of word to get out of losing?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Faeit has received a response from GW on this topic:

The Response from Games Workshop
    Thanks for the email.
    The new 32mm bases were a design choice made by the sculptors, to make the Death Company look more imposing. There is no specific base that you have to use for the Death Company, so should you wish to mount them on the smaller 20mm bases this is fine, but if you would rather have the slightly larger 32mm base, this is also fine.

I hope that this helps, but if you need anything further, please let me know.
    Kind regards

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Am I right in thinking the rule 'models must be on the bases supplied' was taken out of 7th ed?
    In a manner of speaking.
    In the Rules book it now says "The rules in this book assume that models are mounted on bases they are supplied with". Nowhere does it say models even NEED to be based, or what sized bases they must be based on, only that some players may have used unusual sized bases, or use models of a similar size to gauge what base to mount a baseless model on.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avien View Post
    Given how ridiculous people's over-reaction to rebasing marines I can only imagine how people would lose their sh*t if the scale of marines changed! There would be rioting in the gw stores

I actually probably will rebase these models, they are a tad snug on the current bases.
    I can see pitchforks and torches converging on Nottingham if GW were to change the scale of Marines.

At some level I'm glad for them to never do this as it allows those of us crazy enough to model the big marines to have unique armies. I haven't found another fluff scale fanatic in my region. Actually I'm not sure how far I would have to travel to find one with 100+ marines and some vehicles... It would probably require a plane ticket and possibly a passport.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I think you might also have been somewhat stymied by the Imperialis basing kits no longer being available...
    Awesome, I have two complete kits to put on eBay. It just gets better

I am terribly sorry for advertising and stuff, but we do have an easy and convenient solution for you.
    [url=http://frontierwargaming.com/?product=25mm-to-32mm-base-adapters]Base adapters.[/url]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP9285-800x800.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	11945
    Last edited by Frontier Wargaming; 12-02-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    www.frontierwargaming.com
    https://www.facebook.com/frontier.wargaming

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Wargaming View Post
    I an terribly sorry for advertising and stuff, but we do have an easy and convenient solution for you.
    [url=http://frontierwargaming.com/?product=25mm-to-32mm-base-adapters]Base adapters.[/url]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP9285-800x800.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	11945
    Now that's impressive. Base adapters are available before the actual new bases even hit the shelves!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Do we actually know for CERTAIN that this is for ALL marines or JUST Death Company?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast