BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

In the rulebook under skimmers and damage results an immobilised skimmer will blah blah "incapable of any further movement including turning on the spot" now the question is is "jink" a form of movement

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnar42 View Post
    In the rulebook under skimmers and damage results an immobilised skimmer will blah blah "incapable of any further movement including turning on the spot" now the question is is "jink" a form of movement
    Technically no; it's a form of cover save... I have to be honest though; I think it's daft a skimmer can immobilise itself in dodgy terrain at all. I mean; it's a skimmer, not even a hovercraft and when do you hear of them getting immobilised over any kind of terrain?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnar42 View Post
    There's no question in the rules that immobilized skimmers can jink, regardless of whether or not it breaks your suspension of disbelief.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Technically no; it's a form of cover save... I have to be honest though; I think it's daft a skimmer can immobilise itself in dodgy terrain at all. I mean; it's a skimmer, not even a hovercraft and when do you hear of them getting immobilised over any kind of terrain?
    I am trying and failing to find the photos of it, but a test of a hovercraft on a dried salt lake here a few years ago proved one should never underestimate Murphy and the driver's ability to get the thing stuck on the only rock in the entire lake.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    There's no question in the rules that immobilized skimmers can jink, regardless of whether or not it breaks your suspension of disbelief.
    gotto love the sense of humour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Over? Not really. The problem is that Skimmers cannot stay over the terrain and have to come down to "rest" in the terrain.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Ahhh DarkLink, never change.

Its a narrative wargame, decide what narrativly suits the situation, the rules are more like guidelines.

The rules are to creat a story about the fight happening, suspension of disbelief is infinetly more important to the game than any technicalities of the rules.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, but you don't need to ask online what the rules you make up for yourself say.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Ahhh DarkLink, never change.

Its a narrative wargame, decide what narrativly suits the situation, the rules are more like guidelines.

The rules are to creat a story about the fight happening, suspension of disbelief is infinetly more important to the game than any technicalities of the rules.
    why the hell would you tell someone to just make up rules in a forum specifically for people to ask how the rules actually work?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    why the hell would you tell someone to just make up rules in a forum specifically for people to ask how the rules actually work?
    If we're making things up I have some excellent suggestions. If we're interpreting the weird and wonderful rules from the actual book then RAW an immobilized skimmer can definitely still jink.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast