BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What army options would you like to see in a new boxed set?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Imperial Guard vehicles (1 vet squad w/transport, Leman Russ, 2xSentinels, character) vs. Necrons

4 9.30%
  • Imperial Guard hybrid (inf. platoon plus some vehicles) vs. Tau (FW, Crisis suits, and a pirhana)

7 16.28%
  • Grey Knights (5 man strike squad, 5x terminators, character, and a flyer) vs Chaos (force like DV)

7 16.28%
  • Sisters of Battle (I know, ridiculous) vs. Eldar

25 58.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1-2 View Post
    Oooh, those are all EXCELLENT reasons! Any of them would make for an excellent novel, or even provide motivation for the Eldar to get involved in a major meta-tournament event like TauOnline used to do!

My hat is off to you, sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Gleipnir, do you have in mind basically a reworking of Space Hulk to represent room-to-room fighting by the Inquisition? With a chaos army on one side and Inquisition forces on the other?

I would totally consider buying that...
    See? And you thought I was insane.... you call me insane? Have you seen the things I've seen?... Sorry; couldn't resist that slight Inquisitorial quote there.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

So, with Necrons being next up on the list of codex refreshes, and rumors indicating that there might be Necrons in the next boxed set, is there any chance that the next boxed set will be Sisters vs. Necrons? How much of a chance? How many of you would buy it? (I would consider it, although I don't play either army currently)

Chapter-Master

If plastic Sisters appear in any boxed set I will buy 2+ of them... honestly don't care who the vs would be.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Necrons and Sisters is exactly what I want.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Iron Father

Necrons (Plastic Destroyer lord) v Eldar (plastic warp spiders or fire dragons) would be nice
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1-2 View Post

Gleipnir, do you have in mind basically a reworking of Space Hulk to represent room-to-room fighting by the Inquisition? With a chaos army on one side and Inquisition forces on the other?

I would totally consider buying that...
    Basically I'd like to see something like Space Hulk in that it has models of a scale that could be used in 40K as well as in their standalone skirmish game. Use tiles that are compatible with the ones in Space Hulk to allow players to mix and match tiles from both sets, and provide a rule set for using models from the set in 40K if such rules don't already exist.

Example; Deathwatch Space Marines versus Genestealer Cultist using tiles of an Underhive or Sewers Complex, with rules for using your Deathwatch marine models in 40k and the Genestealer Cultists in 40k

another example; Inquisition with a plastic representation of Ecclesiarch Missionary, Warrior Acolytes, Death Cult Assassin and Inquisitor Warband(all models that could use a good plastic push fit remake versus Chaos Cultists and Mutants fought in the Streets of a Hive City again tiles compatible with those from Space Hulk

Veteran-Sergeant

I voted for GK vs Daemons, because that would awesome.

I would have voted for Sister vs Necron, but not Sisters vs Eldar. Eldar do not need more product, despite Sisters needing as much product as they can get!

SJ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    I would have voted for Sister vs Necron, but not Sisters vs Eldar. Eldar do not need more product, despite Sisters needing as much product as they can get!

SJ
    That's why I haven't voted. I can't think of what in the Imperium they would release after Necrons that they could combo-box with. Sisters would be the best bet, but a rumor places them at least 18 months after that at best. IG haven't been in a box at all. Codex Marines could work, I suppose, since the other boxes are Angels or Wolves with an Enemy. And aside from Dark Angels, is the oldest Imperium book codex now.

Librarian

Of course I would love Sisters v Eldar. Those are my two main armies!!!
    2 box sets all for me, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Basically I'd like to see something like Space Hulk in that it has models of a scale that could be used in 40K as well as in their standalone skirmish game. Use tiles that are compatible with the ones in Space Hulk to allow players to mix and match tiles from both sets, and provide a rule set for using models from the set in 40K if such rules don't already exist.

Example; Deathwatch Space Marines versus Genestealer Cultist using tiles of an Underhive or Sewers Complex, with rules for using your Deathwatch marine models in 40k and the Genestealer Cultists in 40k

another example; Inquisition with a plastic representation of Ecclesiarch Missionary, Warrior Acolytes, Death Cult Assassin and Inquisitor Warband(all models that could use a good plastic push fit remake versus Chaos Cultists and Mutants fought in the Streets of a Hive City again tiles compatible with those from Space Hulk
    Something more like Warhammer Quest would be my preference, I always felt Quest was superior for replay value over Space Hulk. Plus you could do a stock inquisitor with retinue, including a death watch marine, with demon and grey knight expansions. Or genestealer cult and sisters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123