BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What army options would you like to see in a new boxed set?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Imperial Guard vehicles (1 vet squad w/transport, Leman Russ, 2xSentinels, character) vs. Necrons

4 9.30%
  • Imperial Guard hybrid (inf. platoon plus some vehicles) vs. Tau (FW, Crisis suits, and a pirhana)

7 16.28%
  • Grey Knights (5 man strike squad, 5x terminators, character, and a flyer) vs Chaos (force like DV)

7 16.28%
  • Sisters of Battle (I know, ridiculous) vs. Eldar

25 58.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default What would you like to see for the next boxed set?

Since GW has broken with the standard USD125 price point for their next boxed set, perhaps this means there is a great deal more flexibility in what can be included in the future. Also bearing in mind that they have finally stepped away from the "include 2 troops, an HQ, and something else" model. With those factors in mind, what combination of armies and units would you like to see?

I have included a few options based on the standard "Imperium vs. Other" model that has worked so well for GW so far, but if you don't like the options by all means suggest your own!
    Last edited by Battle 1-2; 12-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.

I've never seen a 2 troops, 1 HQ and something else model.

AoBR was 1 HQ, 1 Troop, 1 Elite and something else.
    DV is 2 HQ, 1 Troop, 1 Elite and something else.
    Stormclaw was 1 HQ, 1 Troop (2 for Wolves depending on how you built them), 1 Elite, and something else (although only for the Orks)
    Deathstorm is 1 HQ, 2 Troops (DC Dread is a Troop) and something else.

The Imperium (well, SM) vs Other is a model they seem to use.

For Sisters vs X, I think it should be vs Chaos or Necrons (Massacre at Sanctuary 101!)

A possible list could be:

Sisters:
    Canoness: Power Weapon, Combi-melta, Melta Bombs
    10 Battle Sisters: Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Veteran Superior
    5 Dominions: 4 Meltaguns, Melta Bombs
    5 Retributors: 4 Heavy Bolters

They could use a box set to relaunch the Sisters of Battle, alongside plastics.

Battle-Brother

I forgot to include an option for "Other". Please feel free to post and describe your preferred "other."

What, in particular, would make a good Sisters of Battle vs Eldar boxed set?

Battle-Brother

I'm sure I'm just showing my ignorance, but I always looked at it as HQ, 2 Troops, + 1 or 2 other things. My justification for each boxed set was like this:

AOBR was 10 tac marines (potentially deployable as 2 troops in the form of tactical squads), 1 captain (HQ), 5 termies (Elite), and a Dread (another elite). Orks got a warboss (HQ), 5 nobz (Elite), 20 boyz (2 troops), and 3 deffcoptas (1 fast attack).

DV was 10 tac marines (2 troops), captain (HQ), termies (elite), bikes? (fast attack) vs approximately the same on the chaos side.

Stormclaw was 3 squads of 5 each (I have no idea how Space Puppies break down, but I it was 2 troops, 1 elites) and a commander, where the Orks had 1 troops, 1 HQ, 1 Elite, and 1 Heavy support.

I didn't realize that Blood angels could take Dreads as troops choices, so that would make the Imperium side 2 troops, 1 HQ, plus something (presumably elites) vs 2 troops (genestealers/Tyranid warriors) and a heavy support

Quote Originally Posted by Battle 1-2 View Post
    I'm sure I'm just showing my ignorance, but I always looked at it as HQ, 2 Troops, + 1 or 2 other things. My justification for each boxed set was like this:

AOBR was 10 tac marines (potentially deployable as 2 troops in the form of tactical squads), 1 captain (HQ), 5 termies (Elite), and a Dread (another elite). Orks got a warboss (HQ), 5 nobz (Elite), 20 boyz (2 troops), and 3 deffcoptas (1 fast attack).
    Tactical Marinea had a requirement of 10 to take a heavy/special weapon. AoBR's book had it as the boyz being 1 squad.

[/quite]DV was 10 tac marines (2 troops), captain (HQ), termies (elite), bikes? (fast attack) vs approximately the same on the chaos side.[/quote]

This one can be 2 troops or 1 troop per side. The book has 1 troop for DA and 2 for Chaos.

I didn't realize that Blood angels could take Dreads as troops choices, so that would make the Imperium side 2 troops, 1 HQ, plus something (presumably elites) vs 2 troops (genestealers/Tyranid warriors) and a heavy support
    DC Dreads are a troop choice if you take a unit of Death Company. That is their only troop dread.

I did make a few mistakes, which I apologize for.

Why did you chose Eldar as the opponent for SoB? Chaos or Necrons are much more fitting oppenents to face.

Necrons could be about Sanctuary 101, while Chaos could be a bunch of battles.

A Sisters box would be a lovely way to introduce new plastics.

Personally: Eldar, with a plastic Autarch character. ****, just do whatsherface from the last Dawn of War 2 expansion already.

There you go: Sisters vs. Eldar with a female autarch model. Release it as the Storm of Misandry campaign. I'd buy ten.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Sergeant

Grey Knights vs Chaos would be ideal. However, Sisters vs Necrons would work. Not sure about Eldar, since I dislike elves.

Chapter-Master

The chance of plastic Sisters is about the only thing that could get me to splurge on a box this expensive that's got anything in it that I'd need to try to sell.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

value for money ?

Chapter-Master

Sisters! Don't care who the opponent is...
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast