BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First-Captain

ha, we think we have it bad base wise, just think of all the poor historical gamers out there, with different rule sets for the same period having differing requirements for how their figures must be based...

Typical instance: Fed up of the rule set you've been using, and want to change to a different set such as ours do you sir, well sir, you can't play until all 500 of your greek hipolites are correctly based to OUR ruleset sir....

We've got it good guys, just remember that, almost all the Sci-fi mini games out there are using similar bases to ours...

"I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

Maybe we should all just use subbuteo bases
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Maybe we should all just use subbuteo bases
    Had to google this but it was worth it!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Veteran-Sergeant

Bah Ha ha, Can you imagine trying to get LOS against a weeble wobble base!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Line of sight is from the models eye-line / along the gun to the enemy model. Basically if you can see something you can shoot it. The height of the bases are the same so it doesn't really make much of a difference in that respect. Since if you can see the base of the model but not the model itself you can't shoot at it. Similiarly the range is to the model.
    Range is base to base. ("Distances between models and all other objects (...) are always measured from the closest point on one base to the closest point on the other base. Distances between units are always measured to and from the bases of the closest models in each of the units (...)."

Under "BLAST MARKERS AND TEMPLATES" it specifically notes: "Remember that a model's base is counted as being part of the model itself, so all a template or blast marker has to do to cause a hit is to cover any part of the target's base."

Now, it is true that you check LOS from/to the body of the model (not anything sticking out of the body, just the main body). So base size shouldn't matter much there. But it can matter in terms of spreading a unit out, or (if you put an oversized base on a walker, for example) make it easier to hit a model.

Chapter-Master

From some of the pictures floating about it looks like Necrons are likely migrating to the new 32mm base too.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Brother-Captain

So, I have these 32mm bases from my Deathstorm set, and 400 marines. I am thinking for uniformity, that I may give these 5 to my sanguinary guard and put Dante on one, or... My xmas present to myself will be giving me time to cast the other 395 I need.

That would actually be fun. Make about 20 masters, and the decorate them, and then cast those over and over.

John M>

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    From some of the pictures floating about it looks like Necrons are likely migrating to the new 32mm base too.
    No those are just converted 'crons from this week's WD (and last week's too). I think (hope) it will just be *** mrns on those.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234