BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Nice graphics, otherwise nothing too thrilling.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

just a heads up for all those like me that haven't had a chance to get them: Parts one and two are up in the Humble Store for a combined grand total of 4€ until tomorrow!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Game unlocked last night - I've been sitting in a puddle of my own filth since then playing it.

Just kidding.. only about... one or two hours into it... trying to do all of the sidequests I find but I'm getting my arse handed to me by your garden variety drowners.

My only complaint so far is that the controls and movement system are definitely, without a doubt, optimized for a controller and not a mouse and keyboard. I'm using an Orbweaver so I'm lucky in that I can map a lot of the most important keybindings --but the way that Geralt moves, slowly at first, then starts immediately running - sooooo annoying when you're trying to open crates, pick herbs, and pickup monster drops.

Combat is tough... really tough. I've died a dozen times already. Save often!!!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

just had a quick twenty minutes before I go to the cinema. loved it from the moment it started, as I knew I would. going to be so much fun.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I'm loving it, I have played it now for around 10 hours. I've just moved onto the next area after finishing many of the side quests and main quest in the area you start in. I didn't explore all of it but will come back to do so.
    The game play is brilliant, combat is pretty hard but not impossible. Just make sure you use the right spells in combat, especially when you meet a bandit with a shield. You have to get behind him to do any damage at all. The crafting is a little complicated at 1st but easy enough to do once your tuned into it. I even made a potion that I hope saves an npc life.
    Now I know what the "wild hunt" actually is it's pretty creepy.
    Not a game to play in front of the kids, chopping heads off, carving people in half and sending limbs everyway possible is fun but not for youngsters.
    The graphics are fantastic, especially the water effects and the people you interact with. So far no complaints at all with this game. Nothing at all. As is it's 10/10 for me and I'm enjoying it more than DA inquisition which is saying something as I have completed that game 4 times.
    If you like RPG style games, buy it. It's brilliant.
    Last edited by Paintingplasticcrack; 05-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Chapter-Master

I've got over 40 hours in the game since release and I absolutely love it. I love it so much that I don't want to do the main quest any more just to make sure that I don't make it end so soon :P

I'm exploring the countryside and getting my butt wooped by level 20 monsters and stuff.

Incredible amounts of fun, and since the 1.04 patch its really just mind-blowingly gorgeous.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

The Witcher 3 in steam reviews

[url]http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-as-told-by-steam-reviews-1708577559[/url]
    Last edited by Kirsten; 06-05-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Over 70 hrs in and the story is still going strong. It stays challenging while at the same time tossing you some fluff that reminds me how much of a badass Geralt is.

Still haven't found Ciri yet tho :P

I've been playing more 120h and wants more !

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910