BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: HH Dark Angels

Default HH Dark Angels

Hi chaps and chapettes,

As a DA player through and through, i have amassed a regular ("loyal") DA army and also for fun and to use the dark vengence box set a Fallen army.

For the new year I am thinking of stepping into 30k and using the 30k DA army as part of my 40k Fallen army.

Do any of the current FW HH books have stuff on the DA? If so which books?

From what I understand there are sqauds, etc. that I won't be able to use in a Chaos 40k army and would swap them out for more chaosy stuff ( deamon prince, oblits, etc).

Also apart from a plasma heavy force what would you expect from a 30k DA army?

So far the books have only covered the legions that were at Isstvan plus some Mechanicum / Imperial Army stuff. They haven't got to DA yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    So far the books have only covered the legions that were at Isstvan plus some Mechanicum / Imperial Army stuff. They haven't got to DA yet.
    Ok I thought the latest one had a CC weapon that causes fear? My question was really are there any other DA legion weapons mentioned?

Having never picked up one of the HH books I have no idea if they cover only the Istvaan legions or are there legion specific weapons/traits for the other non istvaan legions?

It is not a weapon - it's an item and compared to other very weak one. There are only rules for: all traitor legions (except 1k sons), raven guard, imperial fists, iron hands and salamanders. No other legion stuff except above mentioned relics in the latest book.

Now you can only do "counts as" (ex death guard). however if I were you I'd wait for proper rules for the angels.

What is currently available for DAs is the basic Legion list available to all Legions, and a Legion-specific relic in Book 4 (which contains a Legion-specific relic for every Legion). As DAs have not properly featured in a HH book yet, they do not currently have unique units, heroes or unique Legion rules yet. You can quite happily make a 30k force for them from the basic Legion list though, as that will probably make up the majority of your force anyway. Just be aware that it is possible that some restrictions to the way DAs play when they get their rules could invalidate a force made now (for example, Salamanders cannot use Legion Destroyer squads, and Iron Hands can't have all jump infantry armies). As DAs are supposed to be known for their tactical flexibility, I doubt this will be the case though.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    What is currently available for DAs is the basic Legion list available to all Legions, and a Legion-specific relic in Book 4 (which contains a Legion-specific relic for every Legion). As DAs have not properly featured in a HH book yet, they do not currently have unique units, heroes or unique Legion rules yet. You can quite happily make a 30k force for them from the basic Legion list though, as that will probably make up the majority of your force anyway. Just be aware that it is possible that some restrictions to the way DAs play when they get their rules could invalidate a force made now (for example, Salamanders cannot use Legion Destroyer squads, and Iron Hands can't have all jump infantry armies). As DAs are supposed to be known for their tactical flexibility, I doubt this will be the case though.
    Indeed. I expect to see a precursor of the Ravenwing and Deathwing. Most of the Legions have received special Terminator squads, and I sincerely doubt the First Legion will be an exception to that considering their 40K proclivities.

Other than that, I am not aware of anything in the current Legion list that they wouldn't use, as they aren't as focused as Night Lords, Raven Guard, Iron Warriors, and Imperial Fists. Unless someone has read something interesting in the HH novels to indicate otherwise, of course.