BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Death of Kasyr Lutien and Spell Familiar

With the new rules introduced in IA:13, I started thinking maybe a CSM Daemon Prince might just be a good place to start with summoning. My question is, can the re-rolls from Spell Familiar be combined with Death of Kasyr Lutien?

I've been running the numbers on re-rolls for psychic powers with 3 Warp charges on 3 dice:

Number of Rerolls Percentage chance of casting
    0 12.5%
    1 42.1875%
    2 66.9921875%

You can see that if you can use both Death of Kasyr Lutien and Spell Familiar at the same time, you can have a massive increase if you combine the 2, however does nyone know if its possible to combine the 2?

What is Death of Kasyr Lutien? Is that a Forgeworld rule of some sort?

But in general a dice may be re-rolled only once no matter what.

Its introduced in IA:13 (i.e. forge world rules), relic tanks can take Legacies of Ruin. The Death of Kasyr Lutien Legacy of Ruin allows friendly psykers within 12 inches to re-roll 1 D6 per hull point when using Malific powers. If the test if failed the vehicle suffers a penetrating hit, also the vehicle causes fear. Not bad for 15pts on a standard vehicle or 25 pts on a Super Heavy, however its pointless if spell familiars are available.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think you are stuch with using the familiar or the Death of Kasyr. The main rulebook prevents rerolling a reroll.

If your first attempt was 1 or no successes then reroll all dice using the spell familiar.

If however your first attempt got you 2 out of the 3 needed successes then the Death of Kasyr gives you a preferable 50% chance of casting.

Erm, if the spell familiar allows the rerolling of ONE dice, and the Death of Kasr Lutien also allows the rerolling of ONE dice, then together they should allow you to reroll 2 dice. If the spell familiar allows you to reroll all dice, then you cannot have a further reroll of any of the failed rerolls.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Hmmm, that's a very interesting rule. I'm gonna have to get that FW book for sure now, too many intriguing thingies in there.

The Spell Familiar allows you to reroll failed psychic tests, so that's the whole lot of warp charge dice. But sounds like if you just need to reroll 1 die, then the Death of KL would permit you to just reroll the one you need. You don't have to use the Spell Familiar afterall, as it could make Perils of the Warp more likely too on casting a 3 WC power.