BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flamers + ruins levels + Jump Infantry...

Hello,

Because of the levels being completely ignored by the 7th edition, questions arise...

1. If regular Infantry model shoots a flamer in the bottom floor of the ruins, does it hit that floor AND one above?
    2. If regular Infantry model shoots a flamer in the first floor of the ruins, does it hit that floor AND one above AND below?
    3. If a Jump Infantry jumps/deep strikes, can he reach fe. to the top floor of the ruin if he wants to?

For example...today the GK Interceptor squad Deep Struck near my Venom, about 7-9" up on top of some "oil drums". My opponent claimed, that a Jump unit can flame them up there, while still being on the ground. Is this accurate? That cost me a Kabalite Warrior team and one HP from the Venom...

I don´t understand, why GW makes things even HARDER, by releasing new rules...

If you find some answers, please gimme a page number, or a link, thanks!

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    1. If regular Infantry model shoots a flamer in the bottom floor of the ruins, does it hit that floor AND one above?
    2. If regular Infantry model shoots a flamer in the first floor of the ruins, does it hit that floor AND one above AND below?
    Templates hit ALL the models beneath them, no matter what fires them, including Blasts. There are no rules for differentiating between floors at this time.

3. If a Jump Infantry jumps/deep strikes, can he reach fe. to the top floor of the ruin if he wants to?
    "Units Deep Striking into ruins are placed on the ground floor." - BRB, Special Rules, Deep Strike, Arriving by Deep Strike, 2nd paragraph after bullets.

Occuli Imperator

Edition slip.

Are floors see-through?

i.e. The model is under the footprint of the template but as you can't physically see it is it still hit?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

This we have used, we have holes in the ruins floors...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Veteran-Sergeant

Did the GK Interceptors Deep Strike, or did they Shunt? If they Shunted, then yes, they can arrive on any level, because Shunt is a 30" move that ignores interviening terrain. As to the Template, GW dropped the ball and ignored decades of precedence in their own rules to gives us the current no-levels/markers hit everyone rules we see in 7th. Common sense tells us the rules support line of sight for hit determination, as seen in the Shooting section, yet the Blast and Template rules seem to ignore this via omission.

SJ

You missed the point here. My friend said, that because they are a Jump Unit, they can flame any level even when arriving from Deep Strike.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

You missed the point here. My friend said, that because they are a Jump Unit, they can flame any level even when arriving from Deep Strike.
    yes, but they flame all floors at once.

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    yes, but they flame all floors at once.
    Only partially true...

You must place the narrow tip of the template against the shooting models base!

Shooting vertically with templates limits the horizontal range, but all models on all floors that are covered by the template are hit.

Jump packs cannot be used in the shooting phase. So the model's base is where it finished at the end of the movement phase. As mentioned previously this is the bottom/ lowest floor with deep striking units.

So if a template is 9" it can only feasibly hit 1 model three levels up if each level is c.3" in height.... Even hitting a single floor up will reduce the horizontal range a fair bit
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

So, to sum it up. They CAN flame which floor they want, but the flamer template has to be in base contact, as in regular flaming situation?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

So, to sum it up. They CAN flame which floor they want, but the flamer template has to be in base contact, as in regular flaming situation?
    Yes... Provided they have LoS...Provided you try to hit as many models in the target squad as possible
    Last edited by Blood Shadow; 12-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast