BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default 1500 Imperial Fists.

Long time reader, first time posting something on here. Just wanted to post my list on here and see what y'all thought.

HQ
    Terminator Librarian
    Mastery Level 2, Storm Shield

Elites
    Dreadnought
    Drop Pod with Deathwind Missle Launcher

5 Assault Terminators
    All Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

Troops
    10 Tactical Marines
    Sergeant Combi-plas, Melta Bombs
    Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon
    Rhino

10 Scouts
    Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

5 Scouts
    All boters, Sergeant Melta Bombs

Fast Attack
    Stormtalon Gunship

Heavy Support
    3 Devastator Centurions
    Sergeant Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missle Launcher, Omniscope
    2 Grav-cannons and amp, two Hurricane Bolters

Stormraven Gunship
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

1500 exactly. What do y'all think?

Went out and played this list the other day. Ended up taking out the scouts and putting a techmarine and one servitor in. Chucked them into my stormraven and it brought it back from one hull point back to full. Overall this list worked pretty well for me.
    Last edited by YamEoj; 12-13-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Brother-Captain

I personally would only take Devastator Centurions with all twin-linked lascannon and missile launchers....but that's probably just me. As it is, only one of your Centurions is going to be of much use for one or two rounds, due to range. Considering your lack of range power, that limit on how much fire you are putting out early game is going to be a big differential.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Initiate

Very good point. I usually run them that way because the sergeant with the Omniscope generally can take out a vehicle by himself with the missle launcher and lascannon, and if a vehicle really needs to die and it's withing 24" the whole squad combined usually does the trick. And keeping those grav-cannons and hurricane bolters in ensures that when the Omniscope is used to shoot vehicles, I can still slaughter most infantry. It's worked out pretty well, however I definately want to try what your saying one of these days to see how much of a difference it makes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Use the Sentinels of Terra suplement, its great! Bolters that re-roll al misses at half range rules! Also your Librarian can take a relic, which gives him +1 warp point and re-roll on psykic tests. But you need more tactical marines, or more 3+ saves, scouts are not going to cut it, they die pretty fast, so use em as bait or last minut objective grabbers. 2 fliers is a bit overkill you dont need it and if you take the stormtalon take a weapon upgrade instead of the heavy bolters. A tactic i use is, i give my stormraven a teleport homer, swoop over the field, let my unit and/or dreadnought deepstrike without scatter, of cours this can only be done after the turn it arrives and i only use it as a "panic move". I like centurions but they soke up a lot of points, in combo with terminators and a stormraven is half of your army. But if you say the list works, it works, but from experience you can get a hard time once your hard hitting unit(s) is gone.

Initiate

Oh I completly agree. I lost that squad of Centurions turn two a couple games back. Then had to wait until turn four to get my Stormtalon on the board but it worked out because I hovered him on an objective turn five and won the game by one point!

Brother-Sergeant

I like the comments about the lascannon/missile launcher devastator centurions; I use them myself and find that tank hunter on them is really nice. They come in at 280 without the omni-scope, which you don't need... you won't kill much of anything with a single lascannon or missile shot... and if you do it's probably not the target they should be focusing on anyway; everytime I take it I never find it worthwhile (on the grav yes, but on the missile and lascannon, no).

I'd drop all the scouts for another full tactical squad in a rhino (so you have 2 full squads) coming in around 200 each. If you are going to take a heavy weapon, try the heavy bolter so you can at least re-roll snapshots while moving as opposed to the plasma cannon that can't even move and shoot at all.

I think the Stormtalon works best if you buy the skyhammer missiles; they're very effective for their points.

As for the dreadnought, I don't know that a single dreadnought will make a large impact. I'd consider dropping him and the Librarian to fund Lysander to ride in the Stormraven perhaps (and deep-strike the terminator squad?). If you are going to keep the librarian, I'd give him the bones of osrak and a level 2 upgrade but that's it. He probably will kill himself to perils before he gets targetted to death and needs that 2+/3++.

Hope that helps.