BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Sanguinary Guard nothing really unique about them, they are an Hour Guard unit with a few rules.
    Err, what?

Name another Marine unit in the game with a 2+ save and a jump pack? Also all their other equipment is unique, Glaive Encarmine, Angelus Boltgun, Deathmask (even the Infernus pistol option is BA (and Sisters) only).

Other than that your complaint seems to be because the Black Templars had a couple of changes anything can be rolled in?

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I didn't know knights wore dresses to battle.
    [url]http://blog.templarhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/3templars.jpg[/url]
    Near enough as far as all the latest DA models are concerned.

Chaplain

Forgot to mention they along with Space Wolves are the only Space Marine Chapters with access to Unique Psychic powers

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Forgot to mention they along with Space Wolves are the only Space Marine Chapters with access to Unique Psychic powers
    You're right - I did!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    This idea that Blood Angels have lost everything that makes them unique is vastly overstated. At this point, the Blood Angels still have...

• A unique HQ who grants an benefit that is almost unheard of in the entire game (go ahead and tell me how many models buff their squads' WS there are in this game... I'll wait...)
    Ezekiel's Book of Salvation?
    It gives +1WS to EVERY (DA) unit within 6" of him.
    Last edited by eviscerator; 12-09-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eviscerator View Post
    Err... Ezekiel?
    One other guy does that? Cool. Still pretty rare and nifty.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

It seems from the rumours that BA could just as easily be rolled into the core SM codex ala Black Templar.
    That would only be a good thing. Space Marines are supposed to be largely monolithic, with minor differences that are largely invisible to outsiders. Sub-Codices are the correct approach.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Librarian

Shall we see what happens when SM 8ed drops? It should be a long way off, somewhere after CSM, CD and AM. There is Necrons and Eldar yet to drop, so this would put SM a good 5 codices in and ripe for rolling in BA.
    I'd rather see what happens when SM 7ed drops.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    That would only be a good thing. Space Marines are supposed to be largely monolithic, with minor differences that are largely invisible to outsiders. Sub-Codices are the correct approach.
    Depends how they deploy them. I have the 3rd ed codex and I would rather have a full codex than that again, or the WD supplements.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

In response to everyone's beef with them losing assault marines as Troops, here's something to consider.

1) With the new detachment system, it really doesn't matter, ok so you pay the tax of an HQ and a few barebones scouts, and unlock all the additional slots you need for all the Assault infantry you want. If they follow the trend of SM and DA, scouts will be 60 ish for 5, and an HQ for 50-60pts. So for 360 points you have a few units that can give you all the benefits of having Assault marines as troops.

2) I'm sure that either in the core codex or Exterminatus, they will get a detachment that lets them take a truly ludicrous number of fast attack choices. Look at Orks, SW, and Dark Eldar. They all have gotten detachments that grant them slots they really need. (granted when the Orks get one where they can have an insane number of HQs, we might all be in trouble).

Onto the Death Company being elites. The pictures from Deathstorm clearly show that the Death Company and DC Dread are troop choices. So unless there's a huge discrepancy between the two, I am inclined to believe that is bogus.

[url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-deathstorm-new-dataslates-minis.html[/url]

Look at the pics of the dataslates. DC are troops. And if you go by the rules there, DC now score and might not be restricted to one unit. So in essence, even if they are Elite, you can take 3 Elite choices of Jump infantry (DC figure to be about 25 ppm with jump packs so a huge points cut), and 3 of Fast Assault marines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast