BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, traffic was great today since everyone stayed home.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Iron Father

A bit of a downpour this morning, but nothing like yesterday. This should be the last of the 3 storms we were due to have this week. No real disruption.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

To put th OP in context, local media has been playing up for the last week how California will be hit by a giant storm and everyone had better fill up on everything you need to survive the apocalypse.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    To put th OP in context, local media has been playing up for the last week how California will be hit by a giant storm and everyone had better fill up on everything you need to survive the apocalypse.
    It's true. My wife (the native Californian) is usually quite levelheaded about such things, and she still had me stocking up on candles and flashlights.

Though, it's also true that when she was a little girl, she lost a week of school because Palo Alto flooded, and some folks she knew woke up to calf-deep water in their homes, so worry is not entirely unreasonable. I do think that this was sold as significantly worse than it's really turned out to be.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

My parents are from Michigan, so even weather like this is laughable to them. And I grew up snow camping and stuff, and spent plenty nights outdoors in just as bad of weather. You might get some water damage to your home, but as long as you drive a little more carefully you're not really in any danger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12