BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I'll pick up the codex but that overlord way too expensive for me - like BananaDynasty said, I got the annihilation barge and just used the overlord from that since I made the gun platform part and a simple headswap made it look unique.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

A £17 model is too expensive but you'll happily buy a £30 book? Your logic evades me.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    A £17 model is too expensive but you'll happily buy a £30 book? Your logic evades me.
    A book is something I'll come back to again and again down the years (especially for the stories, backround and art) so it is more worth it to me, infact books in general are the one thing I do not mind splurging a bit on if it's something I really love - you can call me a book whore. The Overlord on the other hand is something I already got one of, and a new one would only sit on the shelf collecting dust since I don't play the game. Btw, havent seen you on FB for ages - how are your armies going?
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by BananaDynasty View Post
    I can't agree with you more. Why pay £17 for a character when you could buy the barge and just slap the lord you get inside it on a larger base. Unless the barge is "out of stock" for a while I don't seeing it being high on anybody's purchase list.
    For me as a Necron player? Simple variety. Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

YMMV of course
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    For me as a Necron player? Simple variety. Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

YMMV of course
    We have a choice of two plastic overlords now and if the new one is as easily converted as the Barge one that's good too.

I'd really like to see a plastic cryptek too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    ...because you need the updated rules in order to continue playing the army, but your old overlord still works fine?

Also, I wouldn't exactly describe the purchase as a "happy" one. More like "grudgingly buy a £30 book."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Barge Lord isn't really grand enough to be an Overlord in my army. This one is.

YMMV of course
    I've found an arm swap makes all the difference. Give him the one-handed warscythe from the Lychguard kit and boom, he goes from "I point, you punch!" to "Come to me, fleshling, if you seek death."

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'd really like to see a plastic cryptek too though.
    I've got a plastic cryptek! He's made out of a Warrior body and various leftover bits.

Chapter-Master

At least its not a $30 sanguinary priest.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative"]Forge the Narrative[/URL] 1-18-2015

Necrons codex and product pics!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necron-codex-cryptek.jpg 
Views:	1451 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	12354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necrons-thetombawakens.jpg 
Views:	1700 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	12355
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So... no Supplement in the Cryptek Edition, then.

Librarian

via [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/necron-lords-and-royal-court-rules-leaks.html"]TKoS[/URL] on Faeit 212 1-18-2015

I have your first Necron leak for you.

There will be a few new rules but no new units (And the obligatory 7th Ed “Balance” that we have all come to know and love)

a grand total of 12 hot new formations, ranging from mostly chaff to absolutely broken.

One of the bigger changes is that Cryptexs and Necron Lords now occupy an HQ slot of their own. For every HQ character in your list, you are allowed to take one of the new Cryptex/Lord detachment (ala warlock council) which is between one and five characters each.

The old royal courts we know and love are gone, but are now a formation (Aptly called a Royal Court) consisting of an Overlord, 1+ Cryptexs, and 1+ Lords.
    The Overlord may not take a Command Barge, and all the characters are clumped into one unit.
    +1 to reanimation protocol (which is not going away or changing) which stacks with a resurrection orb, and some other buffs that I can’t remember, but one had to do with phaerons (Oh, and any phaeron in your detachment MUST be your overlord).
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-18-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast