BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Bah! No book for me until around 5:30, because work.

Would have been 4:30, but took a page out of the Necron book (no, not that one. The metaphorical one) and overslept by an hour.
    It's worth the wait! I'm surprised I got mine today as the dispatch was friday night (!)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

EHRMAGERD

That is all.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

A little confused on these new detachment rules... Can I run a standard FOC and still take advantage of a Canoptek Harvest or do I have to run the Reclamation Legion with a 479 point tax (minimum Legion cost) + the Reclamation after that.

Any ideas?

Yes.

Read the book.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Terminum View Post
    What does "The Force Org for Necrons is different, and organised into detachments" mean? I have to buy tomb blades or play an unbound list? Or is there another detachment in the codex?
    That was my concern as well, and the answer is no. The book says you can use a battle-forged formation from the core rules, and that specifies that the base formation for every army is the ol' FOC that we all know and love.

People are screaming bloody murder about the Wraiths, but have you SEEN what happened with the Flayed Ones? Three attacks per model (two base, plus an additional one for off hand weapon), four attacks on a charge. They can be 20 figures strong. They have "Fear," "Infiltrate," "Shred" and "Deep Strike." Of course as Necrons they have "Reanimation Protocols." Put a Cryptek with them (because nothing says you cannot) and they shrug off 50% of the wounds done to them. Put a Warlord with "Immortal Hubris" at 12" from the unit and chances are they won't run even if they lose a melee. And they still have the same cost as a Warrior. Scary stuff, man.

Of course, I like the changes to the Wraiths, because properly equipped they get Initiative 5.

I also like the changes to the Triarch Stalker. It is about 50% cheaper, can come in units of three, and the nerf hammer only struck a glancing blow.

Res. Orbs got a bit trickier to used. You have to be cautious about the timing. It is one use only and it does not work on every downed Necron in a turn. It only works for failed Reanimations at the moment of activation and going forward for the remainder of the turn, and only for the Lord's unit. If you do not activate it for the first unit that fails R.P., that unit will not benefit from an activation that happens later on in the same player turn.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Yes.

Read the book.
    Read the book, was confused, asked. Thanks for the answer and the attitude

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valdier View Post
    A little confused on these new detachment rules... Can I run a standard FOC and still take advantage of a Canoptek Harvest or do I have to run the Reclamation Legion with a 479 point tax (minimum Legion cost) + the Reclamation after that.

Any ideas?
    Quite a few. I don't know why this is still confusing people. The first response I want to give is:
    Yes.

Read the books.
    Because the answers are there in the codex and the rulebook and actually far more simple than people try to make it.

There are a number of Formations provided after the Lords of War dataslates. These Formations can be taken independent of any other Detachment because they are a detachment.

The Decurion is made up of one core Formation, three optional units, and seven optional Formations. Just because the Formation is present as an option in another Detachment, does not mean it cannot be taken on its own.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223