BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    How do you figure? Entropic Strike still glances on a 6, and now it even always wounds on a 6, so they can pose a bit of a threat to Wraithlords/knights or Iron Arm'd MCs.
    It will be able to put a few wounds on MC's and hullpoints on tanks, sure enough.

But they aren't the unit destroying force they were in the past. The entropic strike mechanic was one of the most broken things in the entire game, being able to lower a land raider's armor so that it could be penetrated by str 3 weapons was the height of stupidity.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Ack, you're right, somehow I'd completely forgotten about the armor reduction. Still, 120pts worth of Scarabs will reliably strip 3 hull points. That's still pretty hefty tank killing power.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Ack, you're right, somehow I'd completely forgotten about the armor reduction. Still, 120pts worth of Scarabs will reliably strip 3 hull points. That's still pretty hefty tank killing power.
    So are ~120pts of firedragons.... however, in both cases its far from automatic - which was my problem with entropic strike in the first place. The results were a nearly always foregone conclusion. This is much more fair mechanic.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

On the other hand, the changes to Wraiths seem to be bordering on breaking the game.

T5, W2, A3, 3++ save BEASTS for 40ppm.

Can get Reanimation Protocols in the decurion formation, or fleet.

Per math-hammer, it will take 72 bolter shots to kill one wraith when the res orb is used for wraiths.

*shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    On the other hand, the changes to Wraiths seem to be bordering on breaking the game.

T5, W2, A3, 3++ save BEASTS for 40ppm.

Can get Reanimation Protocols in the decurion formation, or fleet.

Per math-hammer, it will take 72 bolter shots to kill one wraith when the res orb is used for wraiths.

*shakes head*
    Unless I am missing a change to wraiths, their wargear is the phase shifter, the phase shifter is what gave them the 3++ invuln in prior editions. The phase shifter got nerfed to a 4++ and so the wraith now has a 4++ save and no 3+. Also I don't think the wraiths have resurection protocols so they don't benefit from the res orb.

The actual math if the rumours hold up is it would take 18 bolter like shots from a marine like unit to kill 1 wraith. Which is the exact amount it takes to kill 1 terminator, and given similar price points seems to be standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    Unless I am missing a change to wraiths, their wargear is the phase shifter, the phase shifter is what gave them the 3++ invuln in prior editions. The phase shifter got nerfed to a 4++ and so the wraith now has a 4++ save and no 3+. Also I don't think the wraiths have resurection protocols so they don't benefit from the res orb.

The actual math if the rumours hold up is it would take 18 bolter like shots from a marine like unit to kill 1 wraith. Which is the exact amount it takes to kill 1 terminator, and given similar price points seems to be standard.
    the entry for wraiths:

Canoptek Wraiths - 120 points (unit of 3)

WS4 BS4 S6 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Fearless, Rending, Very Bulky

Wraith Form: Canptek Wraiths have 3+ Invuln. Save

Wraithflight: When moving, Canoptek Wraiths can mve over all other models and terrain as if they were open ground. However, they cannot end their move on top of other models and can only end their move on top of impassable terrain if it is possible to actually place the models on top of it.

May include up to three additional Canoptek Wraiths (40 points per model)

Any model may take one of the following:

Whip Coils - 3 pts per model
    Particle caster - 5pts per model
    Transdimensional beamer - 10pts per model

Read more: [url]http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?page=3#ixzz3Q3K6oOhr[/url]

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

No... unfortunately more recent revelations have stated that the wraiths keep their 3++ save - and the RP is granted to them through the use of the Decurion formation.

Someone on this website has the book supposedly.

[url]http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/48760/new-necrons-codex?ixzz3Q2nlXi12=undefined&page=10[/url]

Wonder if they've tweaked the background.

I know various players who miss the old Cthuluesque tones of the C'Tan.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

Check out the sexy Necron galactic map! (and unit iconography spreads)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necron-galactic-map.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	12493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	necron-lychguard-deathmarks.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	12494
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Any change to the stats for praetorians? (in other words, do they still only have 1 attack?)

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast