BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Definitely a fan of increased variety.

As long as the FoC selection doesn't get wiped entirely, not sure where the downside is!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

- One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
    Sounds like Nightbringer and Deceiver are becoming Lords of War. (I hope this is the case.)

Hopefully with most of their old rules...

Librarian

Finally, they are revealed!

[URL="http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/rumores-portada-de-la-wd-semanal-52.html"]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/rumores-portada-de-la-wd-semanal-52.html[/URL]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Good to see a clearer pic of the Overlord, the headpiece looks notably different compared to previous ones - I wonder if it's intended more as Phaeron as it looks a bit more gradiose like that.

I am in love with that cover art. Much more like it!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

*Boggle*

Lord looks like he's got a jester's hat on.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 01-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

So now Necrons have a force organization table/chart/diagram/flowchart/whatever that involves taking core armies, with detachments like formations being attached to the core army?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems overly complicated, honestly. And more geared toward larger matches.

Banned

Very interesting.

It IS a lot like what I've read PlanetFall's Helix system is like. You have a Core (Reclamation Legion), then add on to it with groups from there.

Chapter-Master

I actually like this. It will cut down on the amount of broken lists that can be taken, while at the same time allowing plenty of flexibility.

I see they snuck Tomb Blades in there as mandatory. If there's one unit that I can honestly say that I've never seen on a 40k tabletop, its tomb blades. I hope that GW doesn't use things like this to force feed us in order to drive sales of slow moving models.

The big question is, why would someone take a decurion formation? What does it give you? What DON'T you get if you don't take a decurion. Surely they wouldn't take away reclamation protocols unless you take the decurion...
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I actually like this. It will cut down on the amount of broken lists that can be taken, while at the same time allowing plenty of flexibility.
    I doubt it, really. There is always Unbound (but good luck getting any games with it) and still the classic CAD, AD, and the Detachments in IA 12 and Baal: Exterminatus.

The really interesting question is if this will be added to future codices, and what would THEY be like?

It will also be interesting to see how programs like BattleScribe handle this.
    Last edited by Charistoph; 01-21-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast