BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    So... no Supplement in the Cryptek Edition, then.
    No, it's a key part of GW's ongoing strategy that every 'LE' Codex is a random asemblage of whatever comes to hand. I suspect they may have a d66 chart for it.

If we include the upcoming Necron release that'll make 7 codices, 2 with supplements included, 5 with art prints, 5 with objective tokens, 4 with painting guides, 2 with datacards and 1 with a map.

As insane a proposition as it would have been I might have been tempted to spring for the Bangles LE if they had included some metal objective tokens, but they couldn't be arsed, so 70 quid 'saved'.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    No, it's a key part of GW's ongoing strategy that every 'LE' Codex is a random asemblage of whatever comes to hand. I suspect they may have a d66 chart for it.

If we include the upcoming Necron release that'll make 7 codices, 2 with supplements included, 5 with art prints, 5 with objective tokens, 4 with painting guides, 2 with datacards and 1 with a map.

As insane a proposition as it would have been I might have been tempted to spring for the Bangles LE if they had included some metal objective tokens, but they couldn't be arsed, so 70 quid 'saved'.
    Wow. I got lucky as an Ork player (with about the only bone GW will throw us). We got the best combo of price and contents. Granted, they still screwed up putting the numbers on them, then sent out stickers, and my sticker was actually a higher number than the number of copies they'd sold at that point (there was still a good stock left on their website). The tokens have been pretty useful, too.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Wow. I got lucky as an Ork player (with about the only bone GW will throw us). We got the best combo of price and contents. Granted, they still screwed up putting the numbers on them, then sent out stickers, and my sticker was actually a higher number than the number of copies they'd sold at that point (there was still a good stock left on their website). The tokens have been pretty useful, too.
    I tend to agree Erik, getting the supplement a little early and a fluffy set of tokens was a comparative winner. And I think it sold well for them, disappeared pretty quick as I recall. But then they got strange by having 2 LE sets for the Spikings, which presumably didn't work as well.

Don't know why the codices before and after the Bangles got datacards, but I covet the objective tokens more, even if the DE ones were plastic, sorry, acrylic.

And so the LE Bangles book languishes still on the website, over a month after it was released.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for Bubblehammer's army books
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-19-2015

Necrons have a whole new way to build an army! The Decurion. It's both opening a lot of options and restrictive at the same time, as weird as it sounds. You can use it instead of normal FoC if you want. also keep in mind that it's the usual me reading the WD super fast when I have the time so there may be mistakes:

You basically can chose a base formation that includes all of your basic units.
    It must contain: - 1 Overlord (or Zandrek, Anraky, Trazyn or a Barge), 2 units of Warriors, 1 of Immortal and 1 of Tomb Blades.
    You lose Objectives Secured, Overlord and all units from this formation within 12" reroll 1 to Protocols, and two fluffy but not usually useful rules: Move through Cover and Relentless (in case you really want to charge with your Warriors/Immortals after shooting =/, which is funny because even in the WD they realize it's the only use).
    You can add 6 units of Warriors, 3 of Immortals, 2 Lychguards, 2 Tomb Blades if I remember correctly and 3 Monoliths.
    No reroll on the Warlord table for it, probably because it's not really a normal detachment.

Once done you can add a Royal court formation: 1 Overlord (same as previously except it can be the Stormlord now), up to 3 Cryptek and up to 3 Lords.

Then, you can add up to 10 of the available formations, which are all about a theme, in any number if I've read it right, (which I'll be able to confirm later today) so you can go full Destroyer if you want for example:
    - One is 1 Destroyer Lord, 3 units of Destroyer, and can add 1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (Ohhhhhhhhh, they are no longer Destroyer upgrades?).
    - One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
    - One is 2 Annihilation Barge and a Doomsday Ark
    - I think there is one with an Obelisk and 2 Monoliths.
    - One is 1 Spyder, 1 unit of Wraiths, 1 of Scarabs
    - 1 Stalker and 2 Praetorians
    - 1 unit of Deathmarks (yup, just 1 if I remember right)
    - 1 unit of Flayed Ones
    - One is up to 4 Doom Scythes (remember folks, I go from memory so I may be messing up numbers)
    And so on, I have no idea if these formations can be taken outside of the Decurion, as I didn't have enough time to read in detail. Also I'm pretty sure that there are no Night Scythes and Ghost Arks formations, thus they shall still be dedicated transports I suppose.

Also I do not expect anything else for the Necrons as the end of the WD refer for the following week to "Dance of Death".
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403299-Necron-Rumours-Mk-II&p=7362138&viewfull=1#post7362138"]Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-19-2015
    "Is that good squeezy...?"

Chapter-Master

Seems to me like GW is trying to make the game's roster creation at the "Formation" level of granularity instead of at the "Unit" level.

Of course there's always unbound - but still... throwing big perks at having formations (like in the BAngels book) is definitely using rules to drive sales IMO.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't invest in this faction at all? Hopefully, Entropic Strike doesn't get nerfed, cuz that's my list of choice, along with Maynarch.

Banned

It also kind of reminds me of how Dropzone and Planetfall do their army creation.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Seems to me like GW is trying to make the game's roster creation at the "Formation" level of granularity instead of at the "Unit" level.

Of course there's always unbound - but still... throwing big perks at having formations (like in the BAngels book) is definitely using rules to drive sales IMO.

Similar to how when Space Marine became "Epic 40,000" they threw out the method of building armies with companies and tank squadrons and went for armies of "formations" that have seemingly random units.

First-Captain

I think Formations are great, they encourage fluffier builds and give you bonuses that make them tempting to use. I love Killa Kans, but I have always just given them Rokkits, now there is a bonus if i use one with each weapon that means they can deep strike along with a mob of nobs and Grukk? Or maybe as a Dread Mob so they all get Hammer of Wrath attacks? And all the formations represent actual historical units that explain why they have the bonuses they do.

Its a cool way of making army lists and I hope it is here to stay.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast