BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Yep, as someone already mentioned, if they scrap the FOC entirely then the new formations are orchestrated solely to force the poor dumb gamer plebeian to fork over their tribute. You want to play Necrons, you HAVE to buy Tomb Blades. Want Scarabs, you need Syders and Wraiths on a one-for-one per Scarab unit. You want specialty units, you've got to fork over $100 minimum for units you may not want and possibly cannot use.

Typical, actually, and not unexpected given GW's declining market share.
    There's a Necron-specific detachment out there. And you can play Unbound instead of Battle-forged, or use a CAD. So you don't have to run this uber-formation unless you really, really, really want to.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    (Sorry, but we have to take our victories where we can get them, and having the best limited edition since the start of 7th edition is our biggest victory.)
    The Space Wolves LE was pretty sweet.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Horncastle View Post
    Except as has already been pointed out you could just play unbound. It's not really as bad as everyone seems to think.
    Sample 500-point Battle-forged (not Unbound) army:

Detachment 1: Knight Errant
    Detachment 2: 5 Legion of the Damned

Unbound allows more freedom to go nuts, but you can still be evil in BF armies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    The Space Wolves LE was pretty sweet.
    To get the one with both rulebooks, you had to spend $250, not $165. It was a nice set, yeah. I think they all have been. but for value, I feel the Orks got the best.

Mainly, I'm just really surprised there wasn't a second book. IIRC, even the Dark Eldar had a painting book to go along with the tokens and small datasheets. Feels like the Necrons are getting ripped off a bit here.

Still not as bad as a $50 book with pictures of the 2014 model released (that's a thing), but it just feels... bleh. Good thing they only did 1000 of them.

Chapter-Master

To get the one with both rulebooks, you had to spend $250, not $165. It was a nice set, yeah. I think they all have been. but for value, I feel the Orks got the best.

Mainly, I'm just really surprised there wasn't a second book. IIRC, even the Dark Eldar had a painting book to go along with the tokens and small datasheets. Feels like the Necrons are getting ripped off a bit here.

Still not as bad as a $50 book with pictures of the 2014 model released (that's a thing), but it just feels... bleh. Good thing they only did 1000 of them.
    Silly Orks! Probably couldn't count enough teef to get up to the 250.

I surprised there isn't a second book too... seems like the crons got a bit of a bum deal on the LE front.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Yep, as someone already mentioned, if they scrap the FOC entirely then the new formations are orchestrated solely to force the poor dumb gamer plebeian to fork over their tribute. You want to play Necrons, you HAVE to buy Tomb Blades. Want Scarabs, you need Syders and Wraiths on a one-for-one per Scarab unit. You want specialty units, you've got to fork over $100 minimum for units you may not want and possibly cannot use.

Typical, actually, and not unexpected given GW's declining market share.
    There is absolutely no evidence that the role-based FOC detachment is going away any time soon. If anything, the Baal: Exterminatus campaign counters that assumption, as it contains such a detachment FOC inside, all the while presenting a Formation that includes units that do not exist by themselves.

Dear Necron Players,

We're sorry your special edition codex still costs $165 and only has a codex, some spare small copies of the unit rules, six metal tokens, some art, and a poster, as opposed to a codex, an entire second book with even more goodness, six metal tokens, and some art. But it's okay, I'm sure the poster and having small printouts so you don't have to use your book makes up for having a supplement.

Sincerely,
    Ork Players

(Sorry, but we have to take our victories where we can get them, and having the best limited edition since the start of 7th edition is our biggest victory.)
    Dear Players everywhere,

Try to remember there is no need to buy any of the Ltd Ed copies.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Try to remember there is no need to buy any of the Ltd Ed copies.
    1. I'm an Ork player.
    2. The Ork LE had two $50 books ($100) plus Ork tokens, and Ork art, for $165.
    3. I am so into Orks/Orcs that I'm surprised my skin hasn't turned green yet. I have them for 40K, WFB, Space Marine (Epic), Warmaster, Man'O'War, Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Battlefleet Gothic... Pretty much every game GW's made with Orcs or Orks. My main in WoW is an Orc Shaman because he's a green Orc.

So yes, I HAD to buy the Ork limited edition set.

(I may not be representative of the normal player base, though. Or normal people. Or any semblance of normalcy.)

I'm an Imperium fanboy, yet I own no Imperial Codicies... Weird.

Though I will soon have both an Imperial Guard army and a Space Marine army this year
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I'm an Imperium fanboy, yet I own no Imperial Codicies... Weird.
    You're a fanboy. I'm a fanatic. Fanboy would be a step down for me. :-P

On the core topic, I really like Necrons, but probably will hold off on buying the codex until I can finally afford to start an army. Might get the cards just in case, but there's multiple local Necron players and they might need to snatch up their own cards first, so I'll let them have first dibs.

Fly Lord

via Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/4v3mv6kZ0RM/more-necron-codex-leaks-army-special.html"]bird[/URL] 1-24-2014

Necron Special Rules
    Reanimation Protocols are for whenever a model suffers an unsaved wound and can be used against "no saves of any kind" as RA is not a saving throw. It also works against instant death weapons, but not destroyer or removed from play. Standard is a 5+ and can never be improved better than a 4+. If you have fnp, and RA, you must choose which one to use., but not both.

Living Metal ignores shaken results but still loses a hull point. On the roll of a 6 at the end of the round, regain a lost hull point.

Necron Warlord Traits
    1. Warlord has Eternal Warrior
    2. Warlord has Zealot
    3. Warlord and friendlies within 12" re-roll failed morale, pinning and fear
    4. While warlord is alive, add or subtract 1 to reserve rolls and seize the initiative after the roll is made
    5. Warlord and friendles within 12" have relentless and crusader
    6. Warlord must accept challenges and re-rollls all failed to hit rolls in challenges. If an enemy refuses a challenge the Warlord gains hatred for rest of game.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast