BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Not in the slightest, do they still have souls? Or where they sacrificed when they were uploaded?

Its a tragedy, the few of them capable of wanting anything any more can no longer get the one thing they really want or need as a race, they're a dead race going through the motions, same as the eldar, all they can do is attempt to stave off their extinction, they can't make more Necrons, only awake those that still sleep and they degrade over time, which is why most are brainless and the rest are increasingly unstable. Without flesh bodies, they aren't going to last.
    That's not quite true. There is at least one Tomb World is noted for continuing the Biotransference process with aliens (to them) that they capture in conquests and raids. Instead of Necrontyr, they are getting Hivers and Orks.

Brother-Captain

Well, I shall reiterate. Losing entire squads to single digit figures who are outnumbered 4 to 1 is not really enjoyable to anyone, anymore than my overlord court instant death squad is in reality (sure, it was fun the first couple times, but used too much it gets lame).

As for fluffiness, if the warriors were either that brain damaged or else if their circuitry was that faulty, they would be effectively constructs like the Canoptek Scarabs, meaning they'd be fearless. Basically, if you're too dumb to run, you're too dumb to know you should. So yes, I2 is flat out retarded, especially for an army-wide rule.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Well, I shall reiterate. Losing entire squads to single digit figures who are outnumbered 4 to 1 is not really enjoyable to anyone, anymore than my overlord court instant death squad is in reality (sure, it was fun the first couple times, but used too much it gets lame).
    The only thing saving Orks from a similar fate is the new mob rule that just means you suffer more casualties, until you no longer outnumber them that much, at which point you run away and are instantly wiped out because savage brutes literally created for war who enjoy getting up close and bashing things while laughing and dancing have a whopping I2.

Chapter-Master

Necrons should have better stats, but they still run windows 95 and they still havent learnt to backup their data properly.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The only thing saving Orks from a similar fate is the new mob rule that just means you suffer more casualties, until you no longer outnumber them that much, at which point you run away and are instantly wiped out because savage brutes literally created for war who enjoy getting up close and bashing things while laughing and dancing have a whopping I2.
    And always have had I2. So your point would be?

As for the change of Mob Rule....that was written for a previous edition, where Fearless units took additional wounds rather than breaking. That rule was removed, which made Orks horribly difficult to take on for many armies. The current version is nothing in comparison, and can keep your Mob in the fight long after any other unit would have fled.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And always have had I2. So your point would be?

As for the change of Mob Rule....that was written for a previous edition, where Fearless units took additional wounds rather than breaking. That rule was removed, which made Orks horribly difficult to take on for many armies. The current version is nothing in comparison, and can keep your Mob in the fight long after any other unit would have fled.
    Necrons have always had I2. My point was that fluff doesn't always translate cleanly to game rules.

And no, Orks don't really stick around that well, unless they're fighting something that isn't that good in combat or is very low in number. I can hold up Murderface McMurderpants for maybe 2-3 rounds with a nice sized unit before the combination of his kills and their self-inflicted wounds breaks the unit. Tau, sure, I can take them on if I don't take too many casualties to Overwatch. A smart Marine player? Ha, no. (Granted, that might just be from me knowing how Marines and Orks work and how to neutralize Orks with Marines. I suppose most Marine players won't know those tricks, and I'm not going to go running my mouth to help them.)

Just heard that the WD teaser includes "An Ancient Evil Rises..." which some are taking to mean Necron pre-orders will start popping up next week.

Brother-Captain

Necrons have NOT always had I2 universally. Lords and Flayed Ones used to be I4, while Wraiths used to be I6. On top of that, Flayed Ones had 3+ armor, giving the ability to hang in a knife fight for awhile. Warriors were I2, but then again they too had 3+ armor, didn't suffer wounds as readily as they do now, and so weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. Immortals also were I2, but had T5 and so were harder to wound, so they too weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. All in all, Necrons used to be more capable melee combatants, and their dedicate close combat units weren't so obviously ill-suited to it.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Banned

The Scythes and C'tan were also able to say, "What Save?"

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Necrons have NOT always had I2 universally. Lords and Flayed Ones used to be I4, while Wraiths used to be I6. On top of that, Flayed Ones had 3+ armor, giving the ability to hang in a knife fight for awhile. Warriors were I2, but then again they too had 3+ armor, didn't suffer wounds as readily as they do now, and so weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. Immortals also were I2, but had T5 and so were harder to wound, so they too weren't as prone to getting caught in sweeping advances. All in all, Necrons used to be more capable melee combatants, and their dedicate close combat units weren't so obviously ill-suited to it.
    Grotesques were immune to shooting up to S4, Archons used to have combat drugs and Jetbikes, Hellions used to have S4, Incubi used to have shooting attacks and options for Blasters, Dark Eldar used to always have the first turn... so whats your point?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast