BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Glory unto Chaos call to arms

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExaltedPossessedExample.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	12019

So many people have been dissatisfied with GW's handling of Chaos Space Marines, including me. I'm a doer and creator, if there's something I want that doesn't exist, I will make it. I've seen many fan-made rules showing peoples passion for the traitors, but they often lack the final finesses of rigorous play-testing and graphic design. My goal is to combine all the missing rules of Chaos into one big supplement that will be used in games of 40k. I call this project Glory unto Chaos. The above is a small sample of my graphic design skills, although good critiques are always appreciated.

But of course I don't want to do this project alone and I know many Legionnaires were inspired by the 3rd edition codex which I have never read. I also like to focus on the Dark Gods themselves and I just simply don't know as much about the Iron Warriors or Night Lords as others.

So this is my call to you. Are you interested in making Chaos Space Marines fun and balanced with more playable units? Do you finally want rules that represent your heartless army of Iron Warriors? Are you interested stopping being disappointed by GW and take matters into your own hands? Well then you've come to the right place, now shout it with me:

GLORY UNTO CHAOS!

Banned

I would think including some of the Legionnes Astartes rules in to play would make sense. They don't have to follow them exactly as their preferences and abilities would have evolved over the millenia of Warp and Eternal War, but they would be a good place to start, I think.

This is how forge world is doing the legions: They have a base line of units called Legion Space marines, one then chooses which legion to play whereby they get a formation, special wargear/equipment and a couple of units.

I think this Chaos fandex should follow a similar pattern. Take any marine army and give them access to additional chaos formations, wargear/equipment and a couple of unique units.
    Last edited by Ducky; 12-20-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Starting to write one. Going to draw a lot on both Space Marines and HH, but I need more input on what should be changed or added.

[url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/entry.php?8719-Chaos-Space-Marine-Fandex-Notes-Part-1-Army-Wide-Rules]Here are some ideas I had.[/url] I am working toward fixing some more generic units, like Chosen or Possessed, and some weak units, like Rubric Marines, while dealing with this army's other limitations.

Got most of my changes up. Need to add vehicle changes, Wargear, and to start cranking out Formations.

Formations are done. Now comes the hard part: Math-hammering the unit costs.

Brother-Sergeant

Cool stuff Andrew.

Note to everyone I have not abandoned these project and I never will until Chaos Space Marines get decent official rules. I have learned, however, much about making rules and their book.
    I think all us wiling chaos worshipers should decide on an general path of how each legion ought to play instead of diving start into the rules and math.

Things to consider:
    Is the legion/cult fun to play?
    Is there good internal balance? As in a player may have a had time picking between units.
    Does it play like the fluff tells it should? Do the rules help with the narrative of the legion/cult?
    Do the rules hinder players in making their own unique army?
    How does this legion/cult play competitively?