BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Asurmen & Farseer with the Shard & today´s game+ list

Hi ya´ll!

Decided to use Asurmen as a WL in our game today just for a change and as a second HQ, had a Farseer on Bike with the Shard of Anaris. First of all, threw 2 WLT´s for Asurmen and got "run an extra inch" & "re-roll one´s to wound ONCE in a game". I just hate the Eldar WLT´s, there´s only the one which let´s you re-roll one´s if failed a save that is good, rest = crap. Asurmen is too expensive, other wise pretty nice. First, there´s the Fearless = awesome, plus the EW. Also S5 AP2 "maybe insta gibbing you" weapon is nice too. Especially today...he single-handedly dusted a Dredknight in CC! Ok, this is one for the books, he failed two wounds (i actually used the other WLT in the CC!) and threw 11 as an LD check...priceless...if he was like 150-180p, i would use him more. Today´s Primary was Kill points = needed a durable WL. I used the Farseer with 7 bikes (2 x cannons) and in the first round he Shrieked Callidus Assassin to smithereens = i accept . Then relocated to other side of the board. I mainly took the Shard to get Fearless, cos my bikes ALWAYS RUN. Also, the Challenge Instagibb+rending is a great deterrent...We both had 13 KP´s an Eldar won that and secondary (Modified Maelstrom) and Tertiary was a tie. I was happy about the list (only one WS!) and my first turn was almost perfect, killed the Vindicare too, with the WS!

This is what i had :

HQ
    Asurmen
    Farseer (Bike, Shard of Anaris)

TROOP
    7 x Jetbike (2 x Cannon)
    9 x DA + Exarch (Power Maul + Shimmer shield) in a
    Wave Serpent (tl Star Cannon, S.Cannon, Holo)

FAST
    8 x Warp Spider + Exarch (Spinneret Rifle + Fast Shot)

HEAVY
    Wraithknight (Glaive+SS) forgot to buy shooty guns ,but he survived! He also killed Coteaz and his unit, a Chimera and a Valkyrie..
    Wraithknight (Suncannon + SS, Scatter Laser)
    3 x WW (BL+Star Cannon)

ALLIES, Dark Eldar

HQ
    Autarch (WWP, Blaster)

TROOP
    8 x Kabalite Warrior + Sybarite (Blast Pistol) in a
    Raider (Night Shields, Splinter Racks)

HEAVY
    3 x Talos (tl Heat Lance, Ichor Injector)
    --------------------------------------------------
    2497p

it was a great game, we had both agreed on the mission, so that helped, when creating the list...

- Lost Vyper
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 12-16-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

I just hate the Eldar WLT´s, there´s only the one which let´s you re-roll one´s if failed a save that is good, rest = crap.
    First world problems... meanwhile DE are crying in the dark corner over there...

Same thing, only one good one. Labyrinthine Cunning, i play DE too...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    First world problems... meanwhile DE are crying in the dark corner over there...
    Have you not read Labyrinthine Cunning?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Have you not read Labyrinthine Cunning?
    1 of 6. Wow.
    I gladly trade my +1 WS, fear and the sad rest for the medicore and bad Eldar ones.

Brother-Captain

1 of 6. Wow.
    I gladly trade my +1 WS, fear and the sad rest for the medicore and bad Eldar ones.
    Or we could all do the sensible thing, throw our warlord tables away and use the rulebook ones. Shame really.

1 of 6. Wow.
    The +1 WS one that causes marines to hit your succubus on 5s instead of 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Or we could all do the sensible thing, throw our warlord tables away and use the rulebook ones. Shame really.
    Yep...i have tried them in fluffy games and *sigh*...yeah...the rulebook one´s are much better, especially for the Maelstrom...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    The +1 WS one that causes marines to hit your succubus on 5s instead of 4s?
    In which game? Neverhappenshammer?
    Even if we draw into consideration that you actually pick a Succubus (why would you?), and actually roll this trait when fighting marines...
    How do you circumvent the majority weaponskill of her unit? Let her run all alone and not even see combat because the first S6 weapon pointed at her will ID her?

In which game? Neverhappenshammer?
    Even if we draw into consideration that you actually pick a Succubus (why would you?), and actually roll this trait when fighting marines...
    How do you circumvent the majority weaponskill of her unit? Let her run all alone and not even see combat because the first S6 weapon pointed at her will ID her?
    First, you take the succubus because you want a cheap HQ who is better in hand to hand combat than the archon. Second, there's no such thing as majority weapon skill, you roll against whatever weapon skill is of the model you're attacking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast