BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I'm still not sure what the fuss was. It was an ok game, not a great game. Wish they'd go back to making Baldur's gate and its like again.
    Its mostly because it was a breath of fresh air in an industry that is more repetitive than hollywood
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I'm still not sure what the fuss was. It was an ok game, not a great game. Wish they'd go back to making Baldur's gate and its like again.
    Can't Like Enough!

As much as I enjoyed the ME series I still load up BG/IWD every couple of years (been playing through the Enhanced Edition lately) and still love them.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Private?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not that into turn based combat. That's what the table top is for.
    Ummm... It was a third-person shooter set in a universe that plays out like Star Trek meets Star Wars vs. Lovecraft's Elder Gods. There's literally not a single moment of turn-based combat in it.

I mean, there's the 'use teammate's attack power' button which pauses the screen momentarily, but that's only so you can target where their attack goes. Otherwise, it's just 'Gears of War' with a better universe, better plot, better enemies, and a much, much, much better narrative.

It's not perfect; combat can get repetitive, the Mako in the first game is a tank that handles like OHMYGODJUSTGOWHEREIWANTYOUTO, and Garrus is ALWAYS BLOODY CALIBRATING. But even with its flaws, I'd say it's probably the best game experience I've played on the PS3/360 era of gaming.

If you like shooters, you should play it.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    the Mako in the first game is a tank that handles like OHMYGODJUSTGOWHEREIWANTYOUTO,

Chapter-Master

the Mako was awesome
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Awesome lol.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I missed the Mako. Handled like the tires were space hoppers, but it was lots of fun.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast