BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

OMG. I rarely post, but logged in specially, just to say wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ashhaas View Post
    I'm been planning on starting a similar project for many months now, and I have a bajillion questions.

-What height is your playing surface? What is the length width of your playing area? …and the whole table?
    -What is the height from your playing surface to the perimeter edge? …and did that height work out for you pros/cons?
    -How'd you do the LEDs? A/C power? Is the multi-color just a function of the string you bought?

Sorry to inundate you with these questions. I'm only asking because you're doing an amazing job. The biggest obstacle holding me back was finding heavy, wooden legs with decorative moulding that didn't cost me a ton of money. Your leg construction has inspired me to make my own.

Really…a great job!
    The playing height of the table it 40" and it is 4ft x 8ft of actual playing area. the actual dimensions of the table I am not 100% sure of be without counting the pillars it's probably about 8' 6" x 4' 4", with the pillars it's probably more like 8' 10" x 4' 8". From the playing surface to the perimeter edge is about 6", but that is without the gaming board in, the realm of battle board is between .5" to 4" depending on the hills etc, and the secret weapon board it about .5" tall as a well. As far as the height goes, I personally love it. It is much closer to eye level than any board I have played on before and thus makes you feel more immersed in the game, as you are much closer to the view that a model would have. As far as pros and cons I think it's one of those things that some people will like and other will not. The only real pros I can think of is that it seems much easier to draw line of sight than low tables and the only con I can think of is that because of the lip for the LEDs it makes it somewhat cumbersome to use the 1" on each of the long sides as its kind of under the ledge, but at the same time it's still easier than dealing with moving infantry around in ruins I have played with and as such is nothing I would try to change as it is necessary for the LED strips.
    The LEDs are these: [url]http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72344-Mosaic-Flexible-Light/dp/B008COVFUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420899591&sr=8-1&keywords=sylvania+mosaic[/url]
    And consist of a starter kit and extension on each side which can be controlled independently. The hardware is inside the "pillars" and they are controlled by wireless remote. All of the functions come stock with the kits.

Let me know if you have any more questions and thank you for the compliments and best of luck on your own build! And make sure you do a build thread as I'm sure like many others here, I would love to see what you come up with!

Thanks to everyone that came out for the game, I hope you had as much fun as I did. It was really a blast!

And now some pictures!

I have some more pictures I will post after someone replies as I can only post 10 pictures at a time = )

That's just awesome!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGrim View Post
    That's just awesome!
    Thanks! These are the rest of the pictures:

I never got around to updating the thread because I keep thinking I'm going to find the time for the final push to get it finished... I did get some work done on the feet:

Finishing work and molding on base:

Runner LED lights installed:

Closer shot of the base with the LEDs on:

Back/inside of the bases:

Stained base (stained not sealed, had the red LEDs on again for some reason)

That is where it sits now...
    I'll try not to take so long with the next update...

Until next time!

Scout

Thats amazing! Will be coming back here to steal some of your idea's!

First-Captain

Well played bladeiai....well played.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Been a year almost.. Ever get this finished? Just curious..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast