BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Another update!

The rest of the Servo Skulls have arrived:

The trim detail is installed around the sides:

Some gratuitous play area shots with LEDs on:

and one last regular old boring table shot:

That's all for now! I should be about finished up with the upper part of the tables construction soon, and then on to staining!

Merry Christmas!

And a little update, this is the prototype for the modular dice trays I will be making to attach to the sides of the table.

Also we played a test game on the table last night, and I'm very happy to report that the table is the perfect height for playing. I was rather worried it would be to high just because it looks so much taller than normal furniture.

A little more progress on the dice tray:

Both of the light systems in and the columns starting to get capped:

The columns are capped and ready to have the holes drilled to mount the serve skulls!

Hopefully I will have more time to get this finished up once the holidays have passed...

Stay tuned!

It looks gorgeous mate!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGrim View Post
    It looks gorgeous mate!
    Thanks!

Another brief update, though not so table related... I guess it kind of is. I had to take a break from the actual building to make some terrain for the upcoming game. SOOO this is what I have been building:
    (Please excuse the mess...)

The family posing by the table:

And finally some of the new terrain on the table:

I still have a bunch more terrain to build and I need to craft a massive city defense wall out of plasticard... then all I have to do is finish the table, stain and seal the table, paint a secret weapon tablescapes board, some of my army & paint all the terrain... before the 11th... no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

And finally.... Some staining!

I haven't been able to seal it or finish up the trim on the bookcase supports yet and stain them, so that should be next.

Stay tuned! More to come!

First-Captain

man that is turning out to be one sweet table, I so wish I owned my own home so I could build one for myself....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    man that is turning out to be one sweet table, I so wish I owned my own home so I could build one for myself....
    I actually rent our place, which is why it is designed to fit out the door lol. And thank you very kindly for the compliment!

I have managed to get the table pretty much set up for the game And I couldn't help myself... I did a little photo shoot using my Chaos Space Marines and Eldar armies:

Sorry for the photo dump! More to come soon!
    Last edited by bladeiai; 01-08-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Phenomenal!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Chapter-Master

Holy crap on a cracker. That is gorgeous. Much jealousy from me.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Initiate

You wouldn't need to adopt a 42 year old from the central U.S. would you? Awesome table good sir!!!!
    A gamer who likes games and using them to teach kids lessons about academics and life. That's me!!!

Default Wow! (and questions)

I'm been planning on starting a similar project for many months now, and I have a bajillion questions.

-What height is your playing surface? What is the length width of your playing area? …and the whole table?
    -What is the height from your playing surface to the perimeter edge? …and did that height work out for you pros/cons?
    -How'd you do the LEDs? A/C power? Is the multi-color just a function of the string you bought?

Sorry to inundate you with these questions. I'm only asking because you're doing an amazing job. The biggest obstacle holding me back was finding heavy, wooden legs with decorative moulding that didn't cost me a ton of money. Your leg construction has inspired me to make my own.

Really…a great job!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast